+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
So now that they are returning applications due to updated CGI fees, do we have to book bls purolator and pay courier fees again(70-90$)?

Reactions: cecict
Nov 26, 2014
Hi

I had a question regarding my son's OCI application, and any direction would be appreciated.

1) I'm a Canadian Citizen (10+ years), and originally was Indian. I have an OCI card, and I also have scans of my cancelled Indian Passport. My parents are both Indian Citizens and have Canadian PR cards.

2) My wife is a French Citizenship (since birth), and she also has an OCI. She never had an Indian Passport. My wife's one parent is Indian Citizen, and one parent is French (with OCI, but no Indian Passport ever).

When applying for my son's OCI, is it better I go with me as being "Relation with the Indian Root" (Father)? Is me having an OCI good enough of a Indian Root? Or should I go with my parents (my son's grandparents) as they still have Indian passports? Does it matter? Which is better in the long-run (for instance, my son's children)?

Thank you.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi

I had a question regarding my son's OCI application, and any direction would be appreciated.

1) I'm a Canadian Citizen (10+ years), and originally was Indian. I have an OCI card, and I also have scans of my cancelled Indian Passport. My parents are both Indian Citizens and have Canadian PR cards.

2) My wife is a French Citizenship (since birth), and she also has an OCI. She never had an Indian Passport. My wife's one parent is Indian Citizen, and one parent is French (with OCI, but no Indian Passport ever).

When applying for my son's OCI, is it better I go with me as being "Relation with the Indian Root" (Father)? Is me having an OCI good enough of a Indian Root? Or should I go with my parents (my son's grandparents) as they still have Indian passports? Does it matter? Which is better in the long-run (for instance, my son's children)?

Thank you.
Relation with the Indian Root: Father
But when you are applying you should provide you and wife's OCI details under the section where they ask if any family members have OCI

Reactions: cecict

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Question on online OCI registration

Under Application address details section:

While filling in the details for "Present Address" (which I believe should be exactly same as our lets say DL's Canada address ) , should we mention the Pin code inside first 3 boxes of Present address ? or Pin code should be mentioned Only in the section "Zip Code/Pin Code/Area Code" label ?

also my DL has postal code format X9X 9X9 (there is space in between ) ; but this section "Zip Code/Pin Code/Area Code" does not allow any space ; so I can not put the space here ; it won't match with DL in that case.

Any suggestion on these please?

Mobile Number /Phone number - can we put both same as mobile number ( without 1 or with 1 - i.e.ISD code before mobile number )

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Question on online OCI registration

Under Application address details section:

While filling in the details for "Present Address" (which I believe should be exactly same as our lets say DL's Canada address ) , should we mention the Pin code inside first 3 boxes of Present address ? or Pin code should be mentioned Only in the section "Zip Code/Pin Code/Area Code" label ?

also my DL has postal code format X9X 9X9 (there is space in between ) ; but this section "Zip Code/Pin Code/Area Code" does not allow any space ; so I can not put the space here ; it won't match with DL in that case.

Any suggestion on these please?

Mobile Number /Phone number - can we put both same as mobile number ( without 1 or with 1 - i.e.ISD code before mobile number )
If you mention zip code inside 3 boxes then application will add zip code 2 times on the final application pdf. Even i had to redo the application again as I observed this.
Regarding the zip code, I think that's what is..no one other way. My application is not yet accepted, will see in coming days.

Reactions: Zay11

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Me and my wife applied on the same day at bls (walking application for OCI), my wife has received the OCI card however, mine is still showing processing at the consulate. what can be the issue?
please let me know
thanks to all for the help

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello, I was filling up OCI form for my daughter and she is a last year university student. I mentioned her employment status as STUDENT. What do I upload as a proof on the last page of her employment / work status.

Thank you.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello, I was filling up OCI form for my daughter and she is a last year university student. I mentioned her employment status as STUDENT. What do I upload as a proof on the last page of her employment / work status.

Thank you.
at the counter, i was asked for "koi supporting document to hoga". anticipating that, i had taken a print of my university going kid's offer letter + CRA tuition/enrolment form for 2023, and school going kid's report card. they lapped it up.