+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Guys .. any suggestions ??
I thought I replied earlier but wasn't the case..

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10488609

Upload the following documents:
- CURRENT PASSPORT: (Child) Canadian Passport, Citizenship and Birth certificate.. (Both parents) Canadian Passport, citizenship certificate as one pdf document
- PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF: (Child) Indian Passport, Surrender certificate.. (Both parents) Indian Passport, Surrender certificate as one pdf document (for your son's case he does not have Indian passport so that does not required to be included but other documents mentioned should be included)
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE: Parents marriage certificate
- Although not required but you can upload parents employment letters.

When you submit the application to BLS along with the above, you need to include the NOC which has to be signed by both parent and there photographs have to be attached. If you are submitting it to BLS in person carry all the originals...

For your son's application since he is Canadian born Root as Indian should be Parents

Reactions: Mr Dev

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I have a question regarding regaining Indian citizenship in the future. Can a person’s parent apply for their kid’s citizenship again in future, given if the kid was born in India, later acquired Canadian citizenship and OCI. I know oci can live in india for 5 years and apply for citizenship by themselves. But can person’s parent apply for child’s citizenship earlier, based on their relationship and given they are still alive at the time of applications?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have a question regarding regaining Indian citizenship in the future. Can a person’s parent apply for their kid’s citizenship again in future, given if the kid was born in India, later acquired Canadian citizenship and OCI. I know oci can live in india for 5 years and apply for citizenship by themselves. But can person’s parent apply for child’s citizenship earlier, based on their relationship and given they are still alive at the time of applications?
https://www.writinglaw.com/methods-of-acquiring-citizenship-of-india/

shashi12nayak

Dec 17, 2019
Vancouver
Applied in person: January 13
Ack: 25th January
Documents Printing Status: 06th April 2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ): 06th April 2024
Document received At: 06th April 2024

How many days BLS take to mail the OCI Card, Any Idea?
Thank you guys for all your help

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Finally an update on Vancouver OCI application -
Date Of Acknowledgment 25-JAN-2024
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On06-APR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 06-APR-2024
Document received At VANCOUVER On 06-APR-2024
As per this, the document reached YVR the same day it was dispatched. That's crazy efficient.

Last edited:

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Still seething and simmering sitting inside my car, outside BLS Brampton. Went with OCI appointments for my wife n minor kid (I already have my OCI).

1. Appointment confirmation says unit 403. That's wrong, they direct you to 40 Gillingham.

2. Eternal debate about which date to use for marriage - actual date of marriage or the date it was registered (marriage certificates carry both dates). Guess what, both are right, it depends on the semi literate person at the counter. My wife's application today was rejected because it mentioned the actual date. My application was accepted and I have my OCI and I mentioned the actual date. I debated a lot with the staff but she said go by the exact word that's written - registration date of marriage, and she didn't even react to the fact that my own OCI came based on marriage date. Best part - this document as per their website is needed only if you're getting an OCI based on your spouse, but in reality they ask for this irrespective.

3. If you have family members who have already applied for OCI, which date to mention for their application - the date their form was submitted online or the date of appointment? Again, depends on the BLS person you meet. I had mentioned date of application. Rejected. I said here I'm going by the exact word (it asked for "application date" and my application also shows "application date"). She didn't bother, she said the date the person visited. When I asked what about postal application - she said, aapki postal nahi hai na so it doesn't matter what we do for those.

4. Form filling in charges - she said we can fill in the application for you for $100 and when I said your website says $3, she said you'll get premium lounge access bundled in. Wow.

5. Courier charges - she said it is $60, I showed her a print of the BLS page and the HCI page. Her answer was......"no".
Boils my blood..

• Sad
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Received my daughters OCI on Saturday and my spouse OcI shows as printed and received at Vancouver and mine shows as under progress. I have submitted applications by post on Jan 5 , 2024.

Just sharing timelines in case any one is also waiting since Jan 2024.

i wrote to MeA help desk and they were prompt in response and I got to know current processing times are 3 months approx

thanks a lot to @forw.jane for suggesting me to put forward OCI application back in Jan when I was planning to visit India end of feb.
Can you share the email address? My minor son’s application has been “Pending” for over 3 weeks by BLS Surrey. I’m hoping someone higher up can look into it.

YouKnowWho!

Mar 14, 2024
Expect it Saturday or Monday .
My status got updated over the weekend to 'Passport ready For Collection after OCI Stamping' and a tracking number appeared under Additional Information/Comments. Looks like the Shipment Label created but NO sign of ETA. Hoping I will get it by this week as I am travelling next week.

Mariya1817

Apr 4, 2024
Hi , my oci status shows tht it is dispatched frm delhi on march 28th,2024
But till now it has not received in Toronto
i am very scared now.. as I have my flight next Monday

Processed- 27th march
Dispatched frm delhi-28th march
Document received in
Please can you help me when can i get it?
I have tried contacting bls as well no response from there

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
My status got updated over the weekend to 'Passport ready For Collection after OCI Stamping' and a tracking number appeared under Additional Information/Comments. Looks like the Shipment Label created but NO sign of ETA. Hoping I will get it by this week as I am travelling next week.
What's your timeline like?

YouKnowWho!

Mar 14, 2024
What's your timeline like?
Date Of Acknowledgment 26-FEB-2024
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
OCI- Number XXXXXXXX
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 19-MAR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 20-MAR-2024
Document received At TORONTO On 02-APR-2024

YouKnowWho!

Mar 14, 2024
Hi , my oci status shows tht it is dispatched frm delhi on march 28th,2024
But till now it has not received in Toronto
i am very scared now.. as I have my flight next Monday

Processed- 27th march
Dispatched frm delhi-28th march
Document received in
Please can you help me when can i get it?
I have tried contacting bls as well no response from there
My flight is on April 19th and my plan is: If I do NOT get the OCI in-hand by April 12th, I will apply e-Visa on the 13th and should be able to receive it in a day or two. Is your back up also applying e-visa?