+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn02-APR-2024
Friends, How many days usually it takes to receive the OCI card from here?
This is what I have seen and still not received at Toronto. So yours might be 10-15days away...

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 20-MAR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 21-MAR-2024
Document received At TORONTO On

Reactions: navkrish

magnifico99

Sep 23, 2017
Seattle, WA
Vancouver- Acknowledgement date Jan/20th- status got updated as follows:

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 02-APR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On
Document received At VANCOUVER On

So I guess another two weeks from here to get it in my hands?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Guys I'm seeing people paying random charges for photo and courier services.

Following link clearly talks about the charges BLS can ask for each service type and services are optional. Courier is absolutely optional for people submitting the applications by appointment or walk-in.

Ask for the receipt for any service you are availing.

https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=140
every time i deal with BLS, i get looted by their illegal practices. each time i put in a submission on the sampark portal. each time no action.

i was gently forced to choose courier option during PP surrender and OCI (OCI submission was in MIssissauga where they said they just don't have the pickup option!).

worst part is that they charge us $60+ taxes and debit card fee for courier sent within GTA, whereas 60 (wo bhee all inclusive) is the fee for out of province courier service.

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hello Guys
OCI status says OCI delivered in Toronto on 2nd April
Checked the BLS tracking site for an update and the status now says “Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping”
I guess this means that BLS has picked up the OCI card?

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
every time i deal with BLS, i get looted by their illegal practices. each time i put in a submission on the sampark portal. each time no action.

i was gently forced to choose courier option during PP surrender and OCI (OCI submission was in MIssissauga where they said they just don't have the pickup option!).

worst part is that they charge us $60+ taxes and debit card fee for courier sent within GTA, whereas 60 (wo bhee all inclusive) is the fee for out of province courier service.
They are taking advantage of the people's awareness.

We should also request the invoice in return, so that we can write to sampark with evidence. Or write a google review with evidence.

kayvar

Jan 7, 2017
Hello, I’m applying for OCI for my daughter. I’m in Vancouver jurisdiction, however the appointments for the entire April in both Vancouver and Surrey BLS centers are unavailable. Any idea if it’s an error or if it is in-fact that busy?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
For the kids OCI, each tome we renew the passport, do we need to renew OCI too? Or how does it work?
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/

Re issuance of OCI cards will be done only in following cases:
  1. In case of issuance of new Passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age).
  2. Upon reaching the age of 50 years, one need to update the photo and other personal particulars in the OCI portal after obtaining a new passport. No new booklet will be printed. After that only passport number and photograph is to be updated whenever you get a new one. Please visit https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome .However, one can travel after updating the particulars and acknowledged.
  3. In case of change of following personal particulars: Name, Father's name, Nationality, Date of Birth
  4. In case of loss/damage of OCI card
In all other cases like:
  1. Further issuance of a new passport,
  2. Change of any personal particulars : photo, address, contact details, occupation, spouse name;
you now no longer need to apply for a renewed OCI card. You can now simply update your details on the OCI portal as follows and continue using the existing OCI card:

Reactions: calgary17

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
They are taking advantage of the people's awareness.

We should also request the invoice in return, so that we can write to sampark with evidence. Or write a google review with evidence.
Invoice se kya hoga ? CGI/HCI will only say you payed for it no one forced you to pay lol

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello, I’m applying for OCI for my daughter. I’m in Vancouver jurisdiction, however the appointments for the entire April in both Vancouver and Surrey BLS centers are unavailable. Any idea if it’s an error or if it is in-fact that busy?
they release appointments for several weeks/a month in batches. so you may find April full right now, but if you keep checking it, you may one day find everything green - because they released more appointments for each day of the month.

Reactions: kayvar

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
There is a question in Section B form of OCI that "If any of your family member has done OCI registration. If yes, when was it done and what was the outcome". My husband has OCI issued to him few years back. Should i write "YES" to this question and provide OCI issued date? The reason I am asking is all other question in this category are NO for me .. like they are kind of security related. Any advice is much appreciated

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
There is a question in Section B form of OCI that "If any of your family member has done OCI registration. If yes, when was it done and what was the outcome". My husband has OCI issued to him few years back. Should i write "YES" to this question and provide OCI issued date? The reason I am asking is all other question in this category are NO for me .. like they are kind of security related. Any advice is much appreciated
If your spouse has OCI you will have to declare it even if you are applying Root as Indian : Self

Reactions: Manprad