13-FEB-2024
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-MAR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
Friends, who has to sign to receive the OCI document from Purolator (for Toronto) - can anyone in the house sign or does it have to be the OCI card holder? Kindly advise. Thanks.

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn14-MAR-2024
Anybody can receive it at home, just give an authorization letter to the person. Just in case, the Purolator guy asks for it.

I live in condo, and in my case they handed over the package(my surrender certificate) to the concierge.

I'm planning to get the OCI delivered now to my relative's address. So my case is similar to you, I'm travelling to India soon. Earlier, I was planning to pick it up in person.

Reactions: destiny2016

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
My application status on the BLS tracker changed from under processing to "Processing at Consulate General". So I guess I got the paperwork right then. Anyone know what the next stage on the tracker would be and how long that takes?

Last edited:

navrion25

Jan 31, 2024
Ottawa walk-in application Submitted on 31st Jan 2024

Date Of Acknowledgment01-FEB-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn04-MAR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn05-MAR-2024
Document received AtOTTAWAOn13-MAR-2024

Ready for pick up on BLS site on 14 March

Parthiraj

Mar 15, 2024
Does any one have the sample Affidavit for Change in place of birth (Town/City in Indian passport )-- City in Canadian Passport?
Thanks!

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Does any one have the sample Affidavit for Change in place of birth (Town/City in Indian passport )-- City in Canadian Passport?
Thanks!
Draft: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10311406
Contact of Notary if you are in Brampton https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377852
discuss with notary your requirement, they will draft the affidavit for you, if you are ok with the wording go and get the affidavit certified with the notary

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
Walk in Application OTTAWA: 9th Feb

Date Of Acknowledgment
13-FEB-2024
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-MAR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn
My OCI was dispatched on March 11,2024 but it’s still not received at TORONTO.How long it take for Toronto jurisdiction.

Parthiraj

Mar 15, 2024
Thanks for Sharing the Affidavit sample Document @abbas.pasha

Here is the draft of Affidavit for the Place of Birth

AFFIDAVIT​

We, XXXX (Father of “Minor’s Name”) and YYYY (Mother of “Minor’s Name”), residents of “Current address (as per proof of residence”, SOLEMNLY STATE ON OATH AND DECLARE that;

• I, XXXX, D.O.B., am a Canadian Citizen with Canadian passport number HBxxx.
  • I, YYYY, D.O.B., am a Canadian Citizen with Canadian passport number HBxxx.
  • We are submitting our son/daughter, "Minor’s Name", D.O.B., a Canadian Citizen with Canadian Passport Number HBxxx application with the Consulate General of India for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and have the knowledge of the facts stated herein.
  • Our son/daughter, "Minor’s Name", is a minor. On his/her Indian Passport No. Yxxxx, the place of birth is written as “Place of Birth as per Indian Passport”. On her Canadian Passport No. HBxxx, the place of birth is written as “Place of Birth as per Canadian Passport”.
  • “Place of Birth as per Indian Passport” and “Place of Birth as per Canadian Passport” is one and the same place.
And we make this solemn Declaration consciously believing to be true and knowing that it is of the same effect as if made under oath.

Both Parent’s Names and Signatures

Document will be counter signed/stamped and Notarized by the lawyer...

Reactions: abbas.pasha

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Anybody can receive it at home, just give an authorization letter to the person. Just in case, the Purolator guy asks for it.

I live in condo, and in my case they handed over the package(my surrender certificate) to the concierge.

I'm planning to get the OCI delivered now to my relative's address. So my case is similar to you, I'm travelling to India soon. Earlier, I was planning to pick it up in person.
Thank you. Is there a specific format for this letter in case Purolator delivery guy asks for it?

npg

Feb 7, 2023
I applied for OCI minor on 4 dec 2023 via postal to BLS Brampton. The date of acknowledgement is 9 Jan 2024 and the OCI was received at Toronto on 17 Feb 2024. But still no updates from BLS (status is still "Processing at CGI") and reached out to the consulate via Sampark but no reply. Is there any other way to reach out to the Consulate and get an update? This application has crossed the 8-week processing time and I am worried if the card is lost somewhere and hence no update. I can see in the OCI tracker excel that applications submitted after mine have been received. Anyone on the same boat?

Application Date. Acknowledgment Date. Received at Toronto Date
4-Dec-20239-Jan-202417-Feb-2024