+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Normally this is the last state which means pick it up from BLS but because of some issue this state is being used for ppl who have opted for delivery too. Wait for some days to see Purolator delivery details to update or call BLS to check the current status.
They are only helping with new applications but with current status they arent’t, it is getting disconnected… such a shame

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
Hi,
I am in process of applying for OCI, after submitting the application when you upload the documents, I have uploaded the following:

Current Passport (Canadian Passport)
Employment/ Work Letter
Marriage Certificate
Spouse Passport (Current Canadian Passport)
Indian Origin Proof (Last Indian Passport which got cancelled during the time of surrender)

There are still a few sections displayed in drop down for uploading documents which either I don't have or I don't know what to upload. If anyone could please guide me on what to do with below section to upload documents:

Indian Visa
Joint Declaration of Subsisting of Marriage
PIO Card
Relationship Certificate (I did mention my parents living in India as Relatives in India, is this relevant?)
Spouse OCI Card (Don’t have it, she is also applying with me)

I would look forward to your response. Thanks!

This is enough from document uploading perspective.

But don't forget to carry your and your spouse's landing papers(COPR) with you. BLS people may surprise you sometimes, so it is always good to carry all the originals with you.

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
This is enough from document uploading perspective.

But don't forget to carry your and your spouse's landing papers(COPR) with you. BLS people may surprise you sometimes, so it is always good to carry all the originals with you.
Thanks for that, does that mean it is not a mandate to upload documents on all sections as some might not be relevant/ not needed.

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
Thanks for that, does that mean it is not a mandate to upload documents on all sections as some might not be relevant/ not needed.
If you are submitting OCI application based on Self (i.e. you owned the Indian passport), then yes these are only documents you need to upload from your side.

validate the checklist for BLS separately, they require additional documents in original and photocopy. like Driving License etc

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Last minute of OCI submission, I need clarity. Can someone help.

On the OCI Ottawa checklist I do not see anywhere it states that the document needs to be translated.

My daughter Birth certificate was issued in Quebec 4 years back and it is fully french in both long form and short form. Do I need to make it a certified translation? I am going to the Montreal office 30th June Morning before opening time.

Anyone from Montreal with a French Birth certificate successfully submitted the OCI?
Hello?
Did you submit your certificate in french or translated?

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hi,

Zero Issues i faced, they took all applications, and we got our OCI in September First week Around.

I just gave the Copy of the Canadian (Quebec issued French) Birth ceritifcate , no questions asked. it has been 8 motnhs since i got my OCI, ia m not sure if there is any change in the process.

Thank you
Did you mail the documents or you went in person?

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
If you are submitting OCI application based on Self (i.e. you owned the Indian passport), then yes these are only documents you need to upload from your side.

validate the checklist for BLS separately, they require additional documents in original and photocopy. like Driving License etc
I understand that, thanks..
I am applying OCI for my daughter too, she never held an Indian passport as she was born in canada.. Would there be additional sections applicable for her ?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Check Purolator tracking with your application no starting with CAN to see if they have generated any delivery tag.
Hey bud, at what stage do they share the Purolator tracking for in-person applications with individuals who opted for courier services? Or is it not shared?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
They are only helping with new applications but with current status they arent’t, it is getting disconnected… such a shame
unless you have to travel within a week or so, don't panic. I shared my timelines before as well to give you an idea for BLS Vancouver. BLS dispatched my OCI after one week and got it the next day

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey bud, at what stage do they share the Purolator tracking for in-person applications with individuals who opted for courier services? Or is it not shared?
When the status on the BLS site changes to "Ready for Dispatch" you would see the Purolator tracking# mentioned
If that is not posted search on Purolator website with your Application# CANTxxxx as a reference