+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi! I was offered the option to pick up last week, so it's not mandatory to opt for courier. It's not worth dealing with them again and again, so it's probably the better decision to opt for courier.
Depends where you submit your application.
Brampton is flexible in offering you the in person pick up, just that you have to pitch it right and from the onset
Toronto, come rain or hail, they will not budge in letting you opt for the in person collection.

Remember this scene

Last edited:
Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Depends where you submit your application.
Brampton is flexible in offering you the in person pick up, just that you have to pitch it right and from the onset
Toronto, come rain or hail, they will not budge in letting you opt for the in person collection.
I submitted at the Brampton location, and yes, to your point, I mentioned it right in the beginning, that I was aware that in-person collection is allowed, but I voluntarily want the courier option since I don't want to wait in the queue.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
No. However, I voluntarily opted for courier services to receive our OCIs for $53 plus taxes per applicant and $9+Taxes for the email updates per applicant. The email updates allow you to email any requested documents to BLS instead of coming back in-person, if CGI asks for anything.
Email updates - new revenue stream for BLS. Lol.

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Final Update

OCI Cards Received today - March 4th, 2024 (For all the 3 applicants)

Below is my timeline.

OCI Timeline

Application Type - Walk-In
Application Location - BLS Brampton
Application Submission Date - Dec 22, 2023
Date of Acknowledgement - Jan 24, 2024
Under Process - Jan 28, 2024
Documents Printing Status - Feb 14, 2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) New Delhi - Feb 15, 2024
Document received At Toronto - Feb 27, 2024
OCI Received in Hand - March 4, 2024

Good Luck Everyone!

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
Seeing the timeline for OCI , mine was dispatched from Delhi on 29th Feb, will I be able to receive it before 14th March
I have my flight on 14th March or I have to go for visa

Last edited:

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Final Update

OCI Cards Received today - March 4th, 2024 (For all the 3 applicants)

Below is my timeline.

OCI Timeline

Application Type - Walk-In
Application Location - BLS Brampton
Application Submission Date - Dec 22, 2023
Date of Acknowledgement - Jan 24, 2024
Under Process - Jan 28, 2024
Documents Printing Status - Feb 14, 2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) New Delhi - Feb 15, 2024
Document received At Toronto - Feb 27, 2024
OCI Received in Hand - March 4, 2024

Good Luck Everyone!
Takes 9 weeks or just over 2 months in most cases.

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
the application status on Bls website is showing as “ passport ready for collection after oci stamping” since last Thursday, I paid for delivery also, how long does it take usually for the status to change from here on.. is this delay normal or usually it takes time ? Please assist guys

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
the application status on Bls website is showing as “ passport ready for collection after oci stamping” since last Thursday, I paid for delivery also, how long does it take usually for the status to change from here on.. is this delay normal or usually it takes time ? Please assist guys
Normally this is the last state which means pick it up from BLS but because of some issue this state is being used for ppl who have opted for delivery too. Wait for some days to see Purolator delivery details to update or call BLS to check the current status.

Reactions: rushi.gada

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Normally this is the last state which means pick it up from BLS but because of some issue this state is being used for ppl who have opted for delivery too. Wait for some days to see Purolator delivery details to update or call BLS to check the current status.
Thank you for the reply, I did contact BLS and as we all know unable to get through to someone… so I guess I just need to keep waiting helplessly