hello guys,
BLS Brampton
Walk-in Submission: Dec 23
DOA: Jan 24
Documents Printing Status: Feb 14
Dispatched from MEA (Delhi): Feb 15

Documents received at Toronto: Feb 27

status on BLS site changed to today

(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Do you know what is the next step?
did you get your OCI? how long it took?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
We applied for OCI on January 9th and i was informed that since our kid's passport is expiring it is a good idea to get it renewed before applying, so we went ahead and applied for rest of the family members, we received the renewed Canadian passport and I am filling the form for my kid's OCI but there is a question on Part B, "Have you/any member of your family applied for OCI registration earlier?" what should I select here, ideally I should select "yes" since we have applied but when I select, there is further drop down that only shows "Granted" and "Not Granted" as option, which one should I select?

At this stage rest of the family is in the applied stage so we aren't officially granted OCI but we have not even been rejected, so I am confused now, any help?

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
We applied for OCI on January 9th and i was informed that since our kid's passport is expiring it is a good idea to get it renewed before applying, so we went ahead and applied for rest of the family members, we received the renewed Canadian passport and I am filling the form for my kid's OCI but there is a question on Part B, "Have you/any member of your family applied for OCI registration earlier?" what should I select here, ideally I should select "yes" since we have applied but when I select, there is further drop down that only shows "Granted" and "Not Granted" as option, which one should I select?

At this stage rest of the family is in the applied stage so we aren't officially granted OCI but we have not even been rejected, so I am confused now, any help?
I thought I read a few comments back someone said no and had to pay extra cos that was the wrong answer. Maybe just a few pages back on this forum.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
As long as the payment is made out to CGI, Toronto, it doesn't matter if you pay for your family members and the draft has your name listed as the account holder or the requester. Am I correct? @abbas.pasha @forw.jane
naa does not matter
in the case of TD when I went and got individual drafts for each member of the family including minors they addressed the draft to CGI Toronto and only mentioned my account details and name at the bottom of the draft. They(TD) said since I have requested the drafts using my account# only my name and details will be mentioned will mentioned in the draft

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

The answer imho is No, since your application is still under process

if you select yes and end up selecting Not Granted (which means OCI was not granted and application was rejected by GoI)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10766307

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
No comments...
just the usual BLS bickering on trivial topics.. Marriage Date vs Registration date...
Tomorrow when you go and submit the form with Registration date to a new individual sitting across the counter their feedback would be that use Marriage Date instead :D
Maybe you are better off to prepare 2 forms (which will mean 2 separate applications for you and spouse) one with marriage date and the other with registration date...
BLS waala bolega ye form nahin chalega just throw the other form on their face and say, to yeh lo naya wala :D
OCI application successfully submitted and I feel so much more relaxed now. A tip for all new walk-in appointments, they are definitely asking for 2 photos and it’s the new deal which hasn’t been updated on the website or checklist yet. Will update back once there is any change is status from under processing. Thanks all!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
OCI application successfully submitted and I feel so much more relaxed now. A tip for all new walk-in appointments, they are definitely asking for 2 photos and it’s the new deal which hasn’t been updated on the website or checklist yet. Will update back once there is any change is status from under processing. Thanks all!
submitted with no extra charge. Right?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
submitted with no extra charge. Right?
No. However, I voluntarily opted for courier services to receive our OCIs for $53 plus taxes per applicant and $9+Taxes for the email updates per applicant. The email updates allow you to email any requested documents to BLS instead of coming back in-person, if CGI asks for anything.

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
Hello Friends,
Can we apply both surrender passport and OCI applications on same day? I remember I did both at the same time during pandemic not sure if it is still allowed.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
No. However, I voluntarily opted for courier services to receive our OCIs for $53 plus taxes per applicant and $9+Taxes for the email updates per applicant. The email updates allow you to email any requested documents to BLS instead of coming back in-person, if CGI asks for anything.
You paid for the email service which does not exists :p

• Haha
Reactions: rushi.gada