+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

simar123

Apr 9, 2018
I got an email today and they ask for copy of marriage certificate. Do i need to send through reply to that email or i need to send via post?

Ravi.singh

Feb 28, 2024
Hello,
Hope everyone is doing great!
I applied OCI for my Canda-born son on Feb 9 and due to some family emergency, we will be leaving Canada permanently in the next couple of weeks. Based on the current processing time, I am expecting to receive OCI at the end of April.
As I will not be here to receive it, what are ways to receive or ship the OCI to the Indian Address?

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
Hello,
Hope everyone is doing great!
I applied OCI for my Canda-born son on Feb 9 and due to some family emergency, we will be leaving Canada permanently in the next couple of weeks. Based on the current processing time, I am expecting to receive OCI at the end of April.
As I will not be here to receive it, what are ways to receive or ship the OCI to the Indian Address?
1. Take Visa for your toddler
2. On arrival in India consult your region FRRO for further process

I had similar case couple of years back, our toddler Visa expired but FRRO office guided us steps to convert the tourist visa and re-processed OCI application applied in Canada and we had to pick up in person at FRRO office.

Ravi.singh

Feb 28, 2024
1. Take Visa for your toddler
2. On arrival in India consult your region FRRO for further process

I had similar case couple of years back, our toddler Visa expired but FRRO office guided us steps to convert the tourist visa and re-processed OCI application applied in Canada and we had to pick up in person at FRRO office.
Is there any way somebody else can pick up OCI here and ship it back to India?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Is there any way somebody else can pick up OCI here and ship it back to India?
If you have a friend/relative in Canada, you can go/call BLS and change the delivery address to your friends/relatives address and give them a letter of authorization to collect the same.

ssnvenkatadit

Mar 30, 2022
Do anyone know the photo specifications for OCI application. Can I use the photo that was taken by BLS while surrendering my Indian passport.

Note: BLS didn’t accept the photo I took at Print2Go when surrendering my Indian Passport. They told me the shoulder is not visible in that photo.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
BLS Brampton
Walk-in Submission: Dec 23
DOA: Jan 24
Documents Printing Status: Feb 14
Dispatched from MEA (Delhi): Feb 15

Documents received at Toronto: Feb 27

Does anyone know when I will be able to pick this up from BLS? How many days does it take BLS website to change the status?
Glad to know even toronto consulate timelines are fast now like Ottawa..

After Acknowledgement, That's 20days for them to process it vs normally 30days taken by them earlier.

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
Hi
Document Printing status - Processed on 28th Feb
Dispatch from MEA - 29th Feb, 2024
Any idea how long it is taking for OCI to be received at TORONTO these days ?
Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi
Document Printing status - Processed on 28th Feb
Dispatch from MEA - 29th Feb, 2024
Any idea how long it is taking for OCI to be received at TORONTO these days ?
Thanks
Received at Toronto should be updated within a day or between 2-3 days. (The OCI site get usually updated after 3pm EST)
So you can expect the OCI in hand by end of next week

Reactions: mnsharma100

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
Received at Toronto should be updated within a day or between 2-3 days. (The OCI site get usually updated after 3pm EST)
So you can expect the OCI in hand by end of next week
Hopefully I get it by end of next week as I have my flight on 14th March.

I was just worried as previous posts say its taking 10-12days to reach Toronto and then couple of day do be dispatched by BLS