+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

luvbrar

Oct 5, 2015
Hi
Is there a link to check the status of postal OCI application? I can only find the BLS tracking and it says Processed at Consulate General. Submission date to BLS Feb 1 and to Consulate (I Believe) =Feb 6.
Thank you

simar123

Apr 9, 2018
I applied on 24 jan 24 and when i track application it is saying no record found… it has been more than a month. What can i do

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Can someone confirm if any original document (passport/birth certificate) should be included in postal applications? Checklist indicates copies only but BLS/CGI website says original docs will be returned. Ugh so frustrating.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can someone confirm if any original document (passport/birth certificate) should be included in postal applications? Checklist indicates copies only but BLS/CGI website says original docs will be returned. Ugh so frustrating.
No need to send original, only self attested copies.

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
BLS Brampton
Walk-in Submission: Dec 23
DOA: Jan 24
Documents Printing Status: Feb 14
Dispatched from MEA (Delhi): Feb 15

Documents received at Toronto: Waiting.....
BLS Brampton

Documents received at Toronto: Feb 27

Does anyone know when I will be able to pick this up from BLS? How many days does it take BLS website to change the status?

Reactions: Blueuniverse

kellyCB

Feb 8, 2023
BLS Brampton

Documents received at Toronto: Feb 27

Does anyone know when I will be able to pick this up from BLS? How many days does it take BLS website to change the status?
took 4 days for mine to change to received after oci stamping. not sure when they'll actually dispatch it

Blueuniverse

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto/Scarborough
Hi All, My OCI application reached BLS brampton yesterday by post and today when I tried to track it on the BLS website, my date of birth shows the application received date. Is it normal? Also how will I know that my OCI application has cleared all the checks from BLS side and is gone to the consulate for processing?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi All, My OCI application reached BLS brampton yesterday by post and today when I tried to track it on the BLS website, my date of birth shows the application received date. Is it normal? Also how will I know that my OCI application has cleared all the checks from BLS side and is gone to the consulate for processing?
Yes normal for bls.. it will change to correct dob once bls reviews your application and sends to consulate..and tells you it cleared bls.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
It takes 20+ days to reflect your OCI details on the OCI website. This coincide with the acknowledgement date on the OCI website which in turn will mean that CGI has forwarded your details to India for further processing and documents you submitted(to BLS)/uploaded(online) are fine
These 20+ days will start when the BLS tracker shows Processing at Consulate General
Right now they received and updated on the system and once they forward your application to CGI, the status on BLS updates

Blueuniverse

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto/Scarborough
Yes normal for bls.. it will change to correct dob once bls reviews your application and sends to consulate..and tells you it cleared bls.
It takes 20+ days to reflect your OCI details on the OCI website. This coincide with the acknowledgement date on the OCI website which in turn will mean that CGI has forwarded your details to India for further processing and documents you submitted(to BLS)/uploaded(online) are fine
These 20+ days will start when the BLS tracker shows Processing at Consulate General
Right now they received and updated on the system and once they forward your application to CGI, the status on BLS updates
Thank you both!!! Long wait starts :D But glad this is the last thing to give this citizenship process a proper closure lol