BLS Brampton
Walk-in Submission: Dec 23
DOA: Jan 24
BLS Brampton
Documents Printing Status: Feb 14
Dispatched from MEA (Delhi): Feb 15

Documents received at Toronto: Waiting.....

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Folks, I submitted my OCI application on Jan 17, 2024 at Mississauga BLS since I thought I will be the only one boarding flight in May. However, today I had to apply for both my son and wife. Here is the kicker.!

There is a question in OCI application form, has any family member previously applied for OCI. If I click 'Yes', I have to enter file number and I have only two options on status - GRANTED and NOT GRANTED (with no 'in process' status .

Technically, I submitted my OCI application, so I mentioned yes and selected 'NOT GRANTED' as the option since I was not granted OCI as of yet. The BLS raised objection to this and said OCI is not granted only for those that have forbidden activities. So, I should change the initial option to 'No' and leave it there. They charged me $40 per application to edit this.

So just in case, any one is in similar situation, be cautious with this question.!
Good tip, thanks for sharing, sorry for learning it the hard way..

sas2024

Jan 5, 2024
BLS Brampton

me on same boat - document dispatched from delhi Feb-16 but still waiting it to be received.

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020
BLS Brampton

Exactly same timelines, waiting for the document to be received at Toronto. Have a flight next week, so "anxiety" begins now ...

gurpidesa

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
BLS Brampton

Same status for me as well.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 15-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 16-FEB-2024
Document received At TORONTO On

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Hi, does anyone know what the BLS fee is for a fresh OCI application? Is it $7.4 or $1.7?
It says 7.4 on the new form filling instructions but 1.7 on the pop up when you go to BLS website :-/

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
I haven't posted in a while, here is my OCI Timeline, got an update today.

I have opted for a postal delivery, hoping to receive it in 7-10 days.

Application Type - Walk-In
Application Location - BLS Brampton
Application Submission Date - Dec 22, 2023
Date of Acknowledgement - Jan 24, 2024
Under Process - Jan 28, 2024
Documents Printing Status - Feb 14, 2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) New Delhi - Feb 15, 2024
Document received At Toronto - Feb 27, 2024

Reactions: abbas.pasha

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hello All,

Just sharing an update here.
Location Walk in = BLS Toronto
Walk-in Submission = 10th Feb, 2024 (From BLS Tracking)
Date of Acknowledgment = 27th Feb, 2024 (From OCI Status Report)
OCI Application Status = Under Process (From OCI Status Report)

From the trend from some the above posts. It takes around a month from this point to get the OCI in hand?

Reactions: desmat

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Just checked to see the status of the oci on the website and found that it has been processed today, Vancouver jurisdiction. Processed, dispatched and received (all status) showing today’s date. When can I expect in hand ? Will I see any other update on the oci website or I just need to keep seeing the Bls website ? Someone pls let me know. By the way my date of acknowledgment is 23rd December 2023

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just checked to see the status of the oci on the website and found that it has been processed today, Vancouver jurisdiction. Processed, dispatched and received (all status) showing today’s date. When can I expect in hand ? Will I see any other update on the oci website or I just need to keep seeing the Bls website ? Someone pls let me know. By the way my date of acknowledgment is 23rd December 2023
Check BLS site to know when they pick it up from consulate. Once they pick it up mostly next day you will have it in hand.

luvbrar

Oct 5, 2015
Hi
Is there a link to check the status of postal OCI application? I can only find the BLS tracking and it says Processed at Consulate General. Submission date to BLS Feb 1 and to Consulate (I Believe) =Feb 6.
Thank you

Hello All,

Just sharing an update here.
Location Walk in = BLS Toronto
Walk-in Submission = 10th Feb, 2024 (From BLS Tracking)
Date of Acknowledgment = 27th Feb, 2024 (From OCI Status Report)
OCI Application Status = Under Process (From OCI Status Report)

From the trend from some the above posts. It takes around a month from this point to get the OCI in hand?