+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
My daughter's (minor) application got returned because she did Thumb impression instead of Signatures on Main application (signature upload) and Declaration (3rd page). I am surprised because OCI website https://ociservices.gov.in/ clearly states below:

• A person who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. In case of minor who cannot sign, his/her left thumb impression may be placed in the signature box. Parents should not sign on the behalf of the children.
Obviously my daughter being minor never signed before and her signatures didn't look consistent that's why we did thumb impression. Morever as per above guidelines thumb impression should be acceptable in case of minor.

Now, we need to redo the application, pay the courier (send and return).

Not sure if anyone faced the same. If not, may be this is a new rule. Future applicants (minors) please take note. May be call BLS to confirm.
Both my daughters did thumb impressions at the time of submission. The elder one was 9 years at the time of application.
BLS is inconsistent. That is why it helps, to be in person so that you can offer an explanation right then and there.

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Mail in application got rejected cos I didn't attach marriage certificate :-/ and something about spouse name not being same on application vs passport....that doesn't even make sense to me....waiting for the package to return back

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Mail in application got rejected cos I didn't attach marriage certificate :-/ and something about spouse name not being same on application vs passport....that doesn't even make sense to me....waiting for the package to return back
Is your spouse name on your passport?

puneet0164

Feb 21, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
Status of my OCI card on BLS website says "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping " and its like this for last 4 days.
What are the different status for OCI card ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Status of my OCI card on BLS website says "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping " and its like this for last 4 days.
What are the different status for OCI card ?
If you have paid for the delivery, track your dispatch using your Application# (CANxxxx) on the Purolator website if that shows any updates

Aj30

May 9, 2019
Yeah - Vancouver is slow, I got mine processed (Feb 13) in a little over 2 months after DOA on OCI (Dec 6), so June is definite - you will get the OCI
My OCI was processed on Feb 15 and from last 7 days the status is still showing “ready to dispatch”. I tried contacting BLS customer service but no luck. Any suggestions?

simuser7

Jan 23, 2023
Good morning all! Any idea on recent average processing times for Surrender certificate (India passport) if application is submitted in-person at BLS Toronto? The posts on this forum seem like 2 - 3 weeks. Is that reasonable or do you have different experiences? Please share and thank you!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My OCI was processed on Feb 15 and from last 7 days the status is still showing “ready to dispatch”. I tried contacting BLS customer service but no luck. Any suggestions?
Copying @abbas.pasha message - Track your dispatch using your Application# (CANxxxx) on the Purolator website if that shows any updates
Does it show anything?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Good morning all! Any idea on recent average processing times for Surrender certificate (India passport) if application is submitted in-person at BLS Toronto? The posts on this forum seem like 2 - 3 weeks. Is that reasonable or do you have different experiences? Please share and thank you!!
Mostly everyone getting in 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: simuser7

saurabh2326

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
In Person Application BLS Ottawa29th Dec
Date Of Acknowledgment04-JAN-2024
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn15-Feb-2024
Document received AtOTTAWAOn21-Feb-2024

Ready for pick up at BLS Ottawa - 22 Feb. I opted for in person pick up so will pick it up tomorrow

Reactions: forw.jane