+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
It seems there are not many folks active on this forum from Vancouver, there is a tracking sheet(in my signature) which shows some data entries, you can add yours there to see some trends, not sure how updated it is though
Toronto/ON side main kaafi velle log hain ;)

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
I have an odd situation.

the OCI website says that Toronto has received my OCI on Feb 17. However it is Feb 21 and BLS website keeps saying “Processing at Consulate General”. I have noticed that within 2 days of OCI being received in Toronto, the OCI gets sent by courier.. in my case it’s 4 days and counting

I know it’s not a lot but knowing BLS it makes me nervous. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be following up?
this may give some more confidence :

Dispatched from New Delhi: 06-Feb-2024
Document Received in Toronto: 17-FEB-2024 ( this is the last update you will see in OCI portal and rest of the below information you have to check in BLS portal)
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping On 21-FEB-2024
Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping On 21-FEB-2024 with Additional Comments Section- Purolator AWB#
Purolator Update-OCI Delivered- Received in Hand On -FEB-2024 - Mostly tomorrow as per Purolator

it should happen anytime for you also

Last edited:

SGulati

Apr 20, 2019
Hi friends, please can someone confirm a few things with regards to in-person OCI application submission:

1. How many physical photos do BLS ask for? CGI asks for 1, but I'm hearing that BLS asks for an extra photo as well.
2. Do we need a bank draft for the BLS fees when applying in person or can we pay with our card.
3. Anyone got any tips on money traps to avoid - I heard BLS are notorious at finding faults to make people pay more money

Thanks!
1. 2 Photos are needed.
2. No bank draft for BLS fees. Pay with Debit card
3. Double check all the information on the application. Address should be exact same as your proof.

Reactions: rushi.gada

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do minor applicant need to sign on both section of Page 3 under the DECLARATION section.?
Below the declaration they should. On the same page parents have to sign the form as well under Application section
But not sure if any signature is required on Page 3
If you are submitting in person do not sign this page when you go BLS they can you sign in the right areas

Reactions: dnell

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Yes first half he should get it.
he just got it in hand :)

OCI Acknowledgement 03-Jan-2024 Processed 05-Feb-2024

Dispatched from New Delhi: 06-Feb-2024
Document Received in Toronto: 17-FEB-2024
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping On 21-FEB-2024
Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping On 21-FEB-2024 with Additional Comments Section- Purolator AWB#
Purolator Update-OCI Delivered- Received in Hand On 22-FEB-2024

Reactions: forw.jane

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
check FAQ on the eVisa portal like @forw.jane mentioned...

iv. The foreigner should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.

It's for minor child only. We all have OCI and we plan to extend child e-via to OCI (already applied in Canada, will ship to India once received here). We have plan to stay more than 6 months.