Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Reactions: coolak2007

Komal9810

Feb 15, 2024
Thanks for you update... actually mine is dispatched on 6 Feb from delhi after that no update... and my flight are booked for 26 Feb so am very worried what to do... I tried call them no response.... any suggestions plzz

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Same here, in my case its 13th Dec and still "UNDER process" status., I did dropped a note to CGI vancouver where they confirmed that minimum duration for processing an application is 3 months now, can extend at times due to volume.
I got mine processed in little over 2 months from ACK. ACK on MEA was Dec 6 and was processed on Feb 13, waiting for BLS to post - may be next week will get it

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
eVisa processing is within 24 - 48 hours
Its a good backup plan if urgent India trip and OCI is far away. Straightforward process, 40$ for one-year tourist visa (India), US Passport holders have 5 year but Canada has one year as only available option (eVISA-tourist). Need to upload Photo, signature and Passport BIO page copy - Canada. We'd need to provide tentative travel date, City (place where we'd visit), 1 contact India and 1 contact Canada, Family details and profession details (Canada) for self. I used SBI e-payment gateway. There is paypal as an option. Place of Birth - We did mention as: <City> IND OR <City> <State> <India>, was accepted.

kellyCB

Feb 8, 2023
Thanks for you update... actually mine is dispatched on 6 Feb from delhi after that no update... and my flight are booked for 26 Feb so am very worried what to do... I tried call them no response.... any suggestions plzz
I paid $$ to my airline and rebooked the tickets after a month. Also, there's those khalistani jokers "protesting" again with roadblocks and other such drama, so no interest in going in the middle of that.

Komal9810

Feb 15, 2024
Its a good backup plan if urgent India trip and OCI is far away. Straightforward process, 40$ for one-year tourist visa (India), US Passport holders have 5 year but Canada has one year as only available option (eVISA-tourist). Need to upload Photo, signature and Passport BIO page copy - Canada. We'd need to provide tentative travel date, City (place where we'd visit), 1 contact India and 1 contact Canada, Family details and profession details (Canada) for self. I used SBI e-payment gateway. There is paypal as an option. Place of Birth - We did mention as: <City> IND OR <City> <State> <India>, was accepted.
Thank you so much for kind nature and your time... this gives me confidence now...

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone done a web checkin using OCI Card?

Is it a Visa with detail needed to provide like Document number, Issuing country and expiration date?

Or

Is it a Permanent resident card with detail needed to provide like Document number, Nationality, Issuing country and expiration date?

I feel expiration date can be any future date as OCI card does not have one.

@abbas.pasha - Any idea?

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020

Is it a Visa with detail needed to provide like Document number, Issuing country and expiration date?

Or

Is it a Permanent resident card with detail needed to provide like Document number, Nationality, Issuing country and expiration date?

@abbas.pasha - Any idea?
Feel like either check-in at counter or see below experiences from folks (like future date):
PSA: OCI Card Expiry Date for Lufthansa website/app : r/Lufthansa (reddit.com)
OCI Card (India) expiry date? - Air Travel Forum - Tripadvisor
Information on OCI cardholders travelling to India | Air India
https://www.ceca.com.au/many-australians-with-oci-cards-unable-to-board-flights-to-india-without-evisa/

Reactions: forw.jane

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Or

@abbas.pasha - Any idea?
Tried twice to do an online check in (oci) and failed last yr in Mar and Dec
Airlines Air Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Sorry, my bad. I entered incorrect ref #. Got the status
Date Of Acknowledgment06-FEB-2024

OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

So where exactly should we be checking the application status?
You should keep checking here till it moves to "PROCESSED" status and then "Dispatched From MEA (OCI )" and "Document received At" date is populated. Once done you can check BLS website for courier delivery info.

Reactions: DiNaV