+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Three months from date of acknowledgment? Or overall I mean from the time they received etc ?
Yes, from the date of ack!!

This is the response I got it from CGI

Processing of OCI card application follows mandatory steps and cannot be interfered with. There is no emergency service available for OCI.
The OCI card will be issued to you once all the process are complete at our end.
It may please be noted that these days processing time has gone up substantially due to the unprecedented surge in number of applications.
It is minimum 3 months from the date it is registered at Consulate.

Last edited:

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Yes, from the date of ack!!

This is the response I got it from CGI

Processing of OCI card application follows mandatory steps and cannot be interfered with. There is no emergency service available for OCI.
The OCI card will be issued to you once all the process are complete at our end.
It may please be noted that these days processing time has gone up substantially due to the unprecedented surge in number of applications.
It is minimum 3 months from the date it is registered at Consulate.
Seems like a long wait then … will hang in there. Thank you for the info

Reactions: RP11

msingh80

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
28-01-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015, Medical received on 25-02-2015
Interview........
waived . . .
Passport Req..
13-03-2015, Submitted on 18-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2nd April 2015
LANDED..........
June/July 2015
I sent my OCI postal appication which was recevied on 1/16/2023.
Its been a month but status is still showing :-
Application StatusDispatched via Courier

I also recevied my Original Indian Passport back but no other details came with that (no letter for acceptance or rejection)

canadian204

Jan 20, 2024
I got a photo printed for oci but forgot to get digital version. Does the digital photo on online application has to br same or it can be diffrent because i can just take photo at home and use online tool to get digital photo.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I got a photo printed for oci but forgot to get digital version. Does the digital photo on online application has to br same or it can be diffrent because i can just take photo at home and use online tool to get digital photo.
Both the photo should be same. Use the printed photo to create the digital photo.

Reactions: desmat

saurabh2326

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
In Person Application BLS Ottawa29th Dec
Date Of Acknowledgment04-JAN-2024
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

Folks....saw this update today on OCI website

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
In Person Application BLS Ottawa29th Dec
Date Of Acknowledgment04-JAN-2024
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

Folks....saw this update today on OCI website
Ottawa seems to be processing faster then others.

Reactions: Rp1212

dnell

Jun 23, 2017
I am filling OCI application for my daughter (2 month old). When it came to uploading images, I thought only face photo would be enough for minor appln, but it seems like I need to upload signature photo as well. Did any of you apply for your tiny souls recently? how did you get their thumb impression?

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Crazily enough, they have just added the date of dispatch from MEA as 05th Feb 2024 and the status has stayed the same on OCI website since then.. seems like they have dispatched it from MEA via slow India post that it has not reached Toronto yet :p

so frustrating to see!
Status Update: Documents received at Toronto: 15th Feb!

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
No I submitted different ones and it was fine. As long as it’s taken recently it doesn’t have to be same.