+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do I need to book return ticket for my baby if he is travelling on evisa
read FAQ on evisa portal it mentions that return/onward journey ticket required
Immigration may or may or may not ask but at check in counter at the airport here in Canada they may ask before allowing you to check in to board the flight

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
  • Yes its fine. No affidavit required
  • Self attested copies of supporting documents. do not send originals(passports/certificates etc) by post
  • Include the copy of your sons OCI
  • Yes you should include her passport and details of her status (TRV/PR)
  • Yes all supporting documents that you send by post should be self attested
hey tanks for your prompt reply.
one more q ...
who will attest to the marriage certificate?

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Hey everyone, Just to clarify Acknowledgement date is same as "Date Of Acknowledgment " from OCI portal status. Also does anyone know if the timeline of 2 months is from the date of the application or date of the acknowledgement.

Date Of Application09-Feb-2024
Date of ACK13-Feb-2024
BLS officeOttawa
Registration Status on BLSProcessing at Consulate General
Registration Status on OCI portalUNDER-PROCESS

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey everyone, Just to clarify Acknowledgement date is same as "Date Of Acknowledgment " from OCI portal status. Also does anyone know if the timeline of 2 months is from the date of the application or date of the acknowledgement.

Date Of Application09-Feb-2024
Date of ACK13-Feb-2024
BLS officeOttawa
Registration Status on BLSProcessing at Consulate General
Registration Status on OCI portalUNDER-PROCESS
Nowadays its 3 months.

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
That one month for ACK is only true for GTA location. Vancouver and Ottawa receive acknowledge pretty quickly.
Yea true my application date was Jan 30,2024 and I still didn’t receive acknowledge.I submitted through postal to Bls Brampton.still waiting.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
hey tanks for your prompt reply.
one more q ...
who will attest to the marriage certificate?
Are you asking regarding attestation or registration of the marriage certificate?
Registered marriage certificates are issued by provinces (if you got married in ON e.g.) and states/local registrar /authority if you got married in India/International
If your marriage certificate is issued by an authority like mentioned above you should be good to include a copy of it and self attest it.

and remember today its Valentines Day today, dont forget to surprise Mrs JackMa otherwsie it will be Ooooee Ma ;)

• Haha
Reactions: CABA

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Yes you are right, mine is 23dec and still under process
Same here, in my case its 13th Dec and still "UNDER process" status., I did dropped a note to CGI vancouver where they confirmed that minimum duration for processing an application is 3 months now, can extend at times due to volume.

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Same here, in my case its 13th Dec and still "UNDER process" status., I did dropped a note to CGI vancouver where they confirmed that minimum duration for processing an application is 3 months now, can extend at times due to volume.
Three months from date of acknowledgment? Or overall I mean from the time they received etc ?