+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@forw.jane @abbas.pasha
Can you please remind and confirm, as per latest trend and approvals and your knowledge, for a new OCI application,

1. What do we enter for "National Identification Number" or leave empty or put NA?
(It seems leave it blank as per old trend. Still leave it blank?)

4. For visible mark, if entered NA on surrender application, so put same NA here on OCI application or make it "Not applicable"?
(it seems to me to enter NA. But confirm please)

2. Do we fill Canadian passport details under "Passport Information" section?
(I think it's Canadian passport details here. Please confirm).

3. Do we fill Indian passport number for field "Previous Passport Number" or leave it empty?

5. For Adult application married, is Spouse's Passport details recommended to fill although all are optional fields?
(As per your old reply in search you said better to enter these if married. Still valid?)

6. For Mobile No. and Telephone No., Do we put 1 or +1 in front of phone no or just 10 digit phone numbers?

Thanks always.
5. For Adult application married, is Spouse's Passport details recommended to fill although all are optional fields?
(As per your old reply in search you said better to enter these if married. Still valid?)
If you like to pay $60 to BLS to retype your form again, then I recommend you not to include this detail :p:p:p

You and BLS will be like

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: forw.jane

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hello,
I had submitted my and my daughter's OCI walkin application on Jan 12th. When I track the status on BLS site I still see "Processing at Consulate General Processing at Consulate General " after a month. I am seeing people's timeline with status "OCI acknowledgement", what does that mean? And what next status should I be expecting on our application?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I had submitted my and my daughter's OCI walkin application on Jan 12th. When I track the status on BLS site I still see "Processing at Consulate General Processing at Consulate General " after a month. I am seeing people's timeline with status "OCI acknowledgement", what does that mean? And what next status should I be expecting on our application?
Check here - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
If you like to pay $60 to BLS to retype your form again, then I recommend you not to include this detail :p:p:p

You and BLS will be like

Haha.. they irrespective of that charging $100 these days even not $60, pointing something else randomly..

So sometimes I think I should tell everyone go without filling form and let them fill it entirely.. because anyways if you filll they will still charge $60-100 so better save your time not filling anything..just take all original documents and copies.. they will fill and scan and upload documents too..
Lol.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Haha.. they irrespective of that charging $100 these days even not $60 pointing something else randomly..

So sometimes I think I should tell everyone go without filling form and let them fill it entirely.. because anyways if you filll they will charge $60-100 so better save your time not filling anything..just take all originaldocuments and copies.. they will fill and scan and upload documents too..
Lol.
Itna bhi Aalsi nahin hona chahiye

CRA waalon ko phone lagao be iske pass $$ zayada aa gaya hain

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Itna bhi Aalsi nahin hona chahiye

CRA waalon ko phone lagao be iske pass $$ zayada aa gaya hain
Aalsi nahi bhai.. smart work ho sakta hai yeh...
If somebody is sure that he or she will manage not to pay anything extra to bls then they can go ahead and fill everything and mehnat kar le ..

But Agar kisi ko lagta hai ke bls wale phir bhi dollar lootenge hi then why should only bls have fun.. better not to do all that hassle to fill yourself..

Cra waalo ko phone lagao bhai but unko bls bare mein batao and pucho ke woh jo itna dollar loot rahe hain sab se, uska hisab dete hain ke nahi cra walo ko.. its thousands of dollars every day from victims by bls and not a small amount ;)

Reactions: MAT9

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Aalsi nahi bhai.. smart work ho sakta hai yeh...
If somebody is sure that he or she will manage not to pay anything extra to bls then they can go ahead and fill everything and mehnat kar le ..

But Agar kisi ko lagta hai ke bls wale phir bhi dollar lootenge hi then why should only bls have fun.. better not to do all that hassle to fill yourself..

Cra waalo ko phone lagao bhai but unko bls bare mein batao and pucho ke woh jo itna dollar loot rahe hain sab se, uska hisab dete hain ke nahi cra walo ko.. its thousands of dollars every day from victims by bls and not a small amount ;)
You will still need the application form to enter BLS.

kellyCB

Feb 8, 2023
My OCI says it was dispatched from Delhi yesterday on the 12th. When it is likely to reach Toronto? I am flying out on 21st. Is it reasonable to expect to receive it by Purolator at home before 21st? Is there a mechanism to pick it up from BLS Toronto before they hand it over to Purolator?

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn09-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn12-FEB-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn