+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
You're funny bud!

I had the honour of experiencing BLS services in Brampton 2 years ago when I needed to renew my Indian Passport. I had a rather early morning that day, and I refused to chat in Hindi with the girl at the counter. this made her extremely conscious and when I refused to the VAS, she didn't try any harder...LOL

A question on the photo, if they accept the photo for the surrender certificate, they can't BS if it's the same picture, right?
Angreez..
We had a similar issue during our OCI submission.. when she was dejected that she could not upsell on the courier, she came up with photo story that the pic you've will not work blah blah.. So plz get the photo clicked at the BLS to ensure your application is not rejected.
I told her that look closer on the photo look at the wall and you will see that pic has been clicked at this very same center. We clicked it at BLS during the SC process :D
So she had no clue what to upsell to us and unwillingly had to accept the photo :D

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Angreez..
We had a similar issue during our OCI submission.. when she was dejected that she could not upsell on the courier, she came up with photo story that the pic you've will not work blah blah.. So plz get the photo clicked at the BLS to ensure your application is not rejected.
I told her that look closer on the photo look at the wall and you will see that pic has been clicked at this very same center. We clicked it at BLS during the SC process :D
So she had no clue what to upsell to us and unwillingly had to accept the photo :D
That was indeed funny..
Anyways how did you get extra photos from BLS if they captured it for surrender certificate as they would have taken it with SC application?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
That was indeed funny..
Anyways how did you get extra photos from BLS if they captured it for surrender certificate as they would have taken it with SC application?
They give 2 photos (hard copy)as standard at BLS
One used for SC and another we used for OCI
We clicked the photo on our phone for the OCI application and uploaded it to the application after resizing it and submitted the remaining hard copy with the OCI application

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
the picture that is given to BLS for the OCI application, does it have to be stamped for the date and location from where it was taken. Its not required to be stamped according to the checklist, but BLS doesn't usually follow its own checklist so thats why I am confirming here?

Also FYI, I went to the Toronto location, as I had an appt booked. Turns out they have changed the location and never informed anyone about it. Just pasted a sign outside the empty office.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
They give 2 photos (hard copy)as standard at BLS
One used for SC and another we used for OCI
We clicked the photo on our phone for the OCI application and uploaded it to the application after resizing it and submitted the remaining hard copy with the OCI application
I know as per checklist we need to submit only 1 photo.. But didn't people share recent experience that BLS is forcing them to submit 2 photos for SC and then 2 photos for BLS..?

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I know as per checklist we need to submit only 1 photo.. But didn't people share recent experience that BLS is forcing them to submit 2 photos for SC and then 2 photos for BLS..?
do the pictures have to be stamped at the back though?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
do the pictures have to be stamped at the back though?
Since we got it clicked at BLS they did not ask for date stamp from us..
Its the trick up their sleeve like @desmat mentioned that sometime send these googlies to baffle already confused applicants standing infront of them at the counter..
You have to counter them when they such absurd/adhoc rule, ke show the rules where it is written on the Checklist or their "own" rulebook etc

Or else take @desmat along with you so that he will ask them so many questions, that they will tell, bhai isko leke jaa apne saath :D

Last edited:

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
If the OCI gets delivered in Canada while the person is in India on a Visa, is it necessary to exit the country and re-enter with the OCI or would it be sufficient to have someone simply send the OCI card over?
My sister did this. She entered on visa. Her OCI got delivered in Canada. We sent it through someone to India. She contacted FRRO and got OCI registration certificate.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Angreez..
I literally fell of my chair laughing.. How dumb are these guys.. haha

But, on a more serious note, when I applied for our Canadian passport, we forgot to mention some minor detail. still, the guys at Service Canada were so chill, they allowed us to edit the form with a pen. No BS, no hidden agenda!

Why can't Indian bureaucratic work be done in a similar way.. BLS is a great reminder of how corrupt the Indian system is.

Can't wait to get done with our submissions.

Reactions: desmat

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
My sister did this. She entered on visa. Her OCI got delivered in Canada. We sent it through someone to India. She contacted FRRO and got OCI registration certificate.
I am planning to apply OCI by next weekend through my in person booking (if everything goes good). Planning to head to India in april and i’m very sure that i won’t get my OCI bu then so was going to enter with e visa. So just confirming that i would have to get my OCI delivered to india by someone if it gets. Delivered to my place while i’m in india?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I literally fell of my chair laughing.. How dumb are these guys.. haha

But, on a more serious note, when I applied for our Canadian passport, we forgot to mention some minor detail. still, the guys at Service Canada were so chill, they allowed us to edit the form with a pen. No BS, no hidden agenda!

Why can't Indian bureaucratic work be done in a similar way.. BLS is a great reminder of how corrupt the Indian system is.

Can't wait to get done with our submissions.
Weird part is things are easier done in India like passport renewal, I had passport printed sms before reaching home, surrender certificate takes a day to get. It all sucks to do same from Canada.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Since we got it clicked at BLS they did not ask for date stamp from us..
Its the trick up their sleeve like @desmat mentioned that sometime send these googlies to baffle already confused applicants standing infront of them at the counter..
You have to counter them when they such absurd/adhoc rule, ke show the rules where it is written on the Checklist or their "own" rulebook etc

Or else take @desmat along with you so that he will ask them so many questions, that they will tell, bhai isko leke jaa apne saath :D
That was funny. woh bolenge bhai isko jaldi leke jaa main Tera without extra charges ke kar doonga oci applcatio.

As you already know now that I can do that so here is one more question for you.

Does it matter from whose account we get the bank draft as long as it's paid on name of consulate? Asking because if applicant is spouse but I draw draft from my account then it will have my name as Purchaser on draft.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Weird part is things are easier done in India like passport renewal, I had passport printed sms before reaching home, surrender certificate takes a day to get. It all sucks to do same from Canada.
Exactly. it's 1000% better in India vs here in Canada.