+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jan 1, 2024
Hello all,

For Vancouver jurisdiction

Just wanted to see what I can expect next week for the following OCI timeline Any idea ?
Also would it be safe to book flight for around Feb 20th ?

Application status on BLS site:
Application date: Nov 24th, - Processing at CSG
Acknowledge OCI site: Dec 4th - Under process

Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,

For Vancouver jurisdiction

Just wanted to see what I can expect next week for the following OCI timeline Any idea ?
Also would it be safe to book flight for around Feb 20th ?

Application status on BLS site:
Application date: Nov 24th, - Processing at CSG
Acknowledge OCI site: Dec 4th - Under process

Thank you.
It may come in between Feb 12th to Feb 26th.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
If the OCI gets delivered in Canada while the person is in India on a Visa, is it necessary to exit the country and re-enter with the OCI or would it be sufficient to have someone simply send the OCI card over?
You should contact FRRO to understand the next step of action in such cases.

Reactions: Noctis7

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Submitted in-person OCI application in Toronto on February 1st, 2024. Kindly add to tracker spreadsheet. Can I expect OCI in hand by early to mid-April 2024?

btw, in case some people were not aware, the BLS location in Toronto has changed (this week only). They did not even send us any text or email even for those with appointments. Many of us ended up driving to the older location; atleast they had a sign posted there, thank God for that. Otherwise, people would have assumed bls has closed down in this city :p

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Submitted in-person OCI application in Toronto on February 1st, 2024. Kindly add to tracker spreadsheet. Can I expect OCI in hand by early to mid-April 2024?

btw, in case some people were not aware, the BLS location in Toronto has changed (this week only). They did not even send us any text or email even for those with appointments. Many of us ended up driving to the older location; atleast they had a sign posted there, thank God for that. Otherwise, people would have assumed bls has closed down in this city :p
Looks like landlord got tired of them creating a ruckus in the complex eh

• Haha
Reactions: destiny2016

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Second OCI got delivered today! Now just my wife's application is pending.. her application date is 27th Nov, so it will be a while :)
My wife's acknowledgement date was 28th Dec, Toronto.. Got the following updates today:

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn02-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Reactions: abbas.pasha

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8SgwxDg_XelPc4vY0YEAQ8aWH0bCHIoiSBLj0huHtc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

u can add here

Reactions: destiny2016

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Oh! shoots... so BLS Brampton is going to sell me courier services no matter what.. shame
Brampton is a little flexible when it comes to paying for courier vs not paying for courier.
But bole to you got to pitch it right.. Tell them from the beginning in a month or 2 you are planning to move to a new home and present cannot provide the new address as your negotiating the new contract (blah blah)...
and give them the Jetha laal looks when they still try and sweet talk you into it eh ;)

But thats not all once the courier topic is over they will say, ke ye photo to nahin chalega you have to get new ones clicked from BLS itself (shoulder visible nahin aapki photo main, etc)
Then they will try and find faults in the application form saying you to refill the form again and pitch that they can do it for a $60 fee (dont know if that has changed) and if you dont agree they will ask you to redo the form again and take a new appointment on a later date

At the end comes the pitch of the value added services ...
Passport cover (pehle bolenge complimentary hain, then once you accept, $12 fee)
SMS notification and call back etc ($6 etc..)

You have to get under their skin from the beginning when you go to counter. Dabdaba Bana Rehna Chahiye ;)

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello, I sent my postal oci application last week and yesterday it’s showing as underprocess on bls website, with my correct DOB. Does it mean that it is accepted or can it still be returned for whatever error and I should keep looking for in person appointment? I am sick of checking in person appointments and not successful in getting one. Have unsuccessfully returned twice from walkin already.

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, I sent my postal oci application last week and yesterday it’s showing as underprocess on bls website, with my correct DOB. Does it mean that it is accepted or can it still be returned for whatever error and I should keep looking for in person appointment? I am sick of checking in person appointments and not successful in getting one. Have unsuccessfully returned twice from walkin already.
It should change underprocess to "Processing at Consulate", which would mean that it cleared BLS verification. After that your application should show up in - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Reactions: desmat

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
My daughter application already shows processing at consulate general on bls website.But it’s not showing on OCI website.I think it will take 20 to 25 days to show up on OCI website.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Brampton is a little flexible when it comes to paying for courier vs not paying for courier.
But bole to you got to pitch it right.. Tell them from the beginning in a month or 2 you are planning to move to a new home and present cannot provide the new address as your negotiating the new contract (blah blah)...
and give them the Jetha laal looks when they still try and sweet talk you into it eh ;)

But thats not all once the courier topic is over they will say, ke ye photo to nahin chalega you have to get new ones clicked from BLS itself (shoulder visible nahin aapki photo main, etc)
Then they will try and find faults in the application form saying you to refill the form again and pitch that they can do it for a $60 fee (dont know if that has changed) and if you dont agree they will ask you to redo the form again and take a new appointment on a later date

At the end comes the pitch of the value added services ...
Passport cover (pehle bolenge complimentary hain, then once you accept, $12 fee)
SMS notification and call back etc ($6 etc..)

You have to get under their skin from the beginning when you go to counter. Dabdaba Bana Rehna Chahiye ;)
You're funny bud!

I had the honour of experiencing BLS services in Brampton 2 years ago when I needed to renew my Indian Passport. I had a rather early morning that day, and I refused to chat in Hindi with the girl at the counter. this made her extremely conscious and when I refused to the VAS, she didn't try any harder...LOL

A question on the photo, if they accept the photo for the surrender certificate, they can't BS if it's the same picture, right?