+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi friends, please can someone confirm a few things with regards to in-person OCI application submission:

1. How many physical photos do BLS ask for? CGI asks for 1, but I'm hearing that BLS asks for an extra photo as well.
2. Do we need a bank draft for the BLS fees when applying in person or can we pay with our card.
3. Anyone got any tips on money traps to avoid - I heard BLS are notorious at finding faults to make people pay more money

Thanks!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi friends, please can someone confirm a few things with regards to in-person OCI application submission:

1. How many physical photos do BLS ask for? CGI asks for 1, but I'm hearing that BLS asks for an extra photo as well.
2. Do we need a bank draft for the BLS fees when applying in person or can we pay with our card.
3. Anyone got any tips on money traps to avoid - I heard BLS are notorious at finding faults to make people pay more money

Thanks!
-One physical photo
-No you can by debit or cash only OCI by draft
- https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10378766

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
One more thing: Please can someone share a template for the employment letter that we need to submit for our OCI? Thanks
To Whom it May Concern
Employment Verification

This is to confirm that XXXX is a full-time employee of XXX as follows:

Title
Date of Hire
Salary
Status

Should you require any additional information please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards
<<HR Details>>

---------
Above is what my company gave and it worked.

• Love
Reactions: rushi.gada

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
To Whom it May Concern
Employment Verification

This is to confirm that XXXX is a full-time employee of XXX as follows:

Title
Date of Hire
Salary
Status

Should you require any additional information please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards
<<HR Details>>

---------
Above is what my company gave and it worked.
Salary imho is not required to be mentioned the experience letter

Rehanmudassir

Jan 31, 2024
Hello everyone,

special thanks to @forw.jane @abbas.pasha For being so knowledgeable.

Below are some details maybe useful
Mission: Toronto
Submission Type: walk-in BLS Toronto
Submission date: 11/15/23
Under process: 11/15/23
Acknowledgement: 12/14/23
Processed: 1/17/24
Dispatched: 1/18/24
Flight on 1/2/24 hence visited consulate’s open house & explained why we needed the OCI. Officials were very cooperative & kind.
Visited BLS & requested to hold on to the OCI in case consulate dispat
Emailed consulate - instructed by officials: 1/30/24
Picked up OCI from consulate: 1/30/24

Note: We got our E-Visa done just in case if things didn’t work out

Suggestion: Please search the forum before asking questions as they might have already been answered. That’s how I was able to figure out that consulate does help in emergency situations.
Hello
What is under process ? Is it same as processing at consulate general?
And what is acknowledgement Status?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf
One color photo as per below specification is required to be uploaded online with the OCI application. Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form
Thanks.. I submitted 1photo for surrender certificate but I remember taking 2 photos for kids oci and bls took both so I asked that earlier... seems bls is making its own rule even for photo.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks.. I submitted 1photo for surrender certificate but I remember taking 2 photos for kids oci and bls took both so I asked that earlier... seems bls is making its own rule even for photo.
For minor one photo on application and one photo is required for each parent on the NOC
For adults only one pic

lionwoods

Jul 6, 2023
I had submitted my application for my daughter and myself on same day at BLS Montreal, both application got update don oci portal on same day 12 Dec.
However, today only my daughter application status is updated to Processed. and my application is still under process.
did any one experience such situation.

kindly advice

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I had submitted my application for my daughter and myself on same day at BLS Montreal, both application got update don oci portal on same day 12 Dec.
However, today only my daughter application status is updated to Processed. and my application is still under process.

kindly advice
it happens all the time each application is treated independently of each other. You'd get yours updated soon as well

KNIGHTRIDER14

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017

kindly advice
Your process went fast,Can you share you timeline please.

Thepc

Nov 17, 2018
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 19-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 22-JAN-2024
Document received At TORONTO On 31-JAN-2024

Can anyone tell me an estimate for when I can get the OCI in hand?
I have a flight on February 13th