+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
Hi
I just saw that it’s updated on bls website that my OCI application is under process but I still don’t see anything on OCI website.It says no records found.Before my application date was Jan 26 now it got changed to Jan 30.Why is it so?
Please reply????

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi
I just saw that it’s updated on bls website that my OCI application is under process but I still don’t see anything on OCI website.It says no records found.Before my application date was Jan 26 now it got changed to Jan 30.Why is it so?
You could have read previous 10posts and answer was there..
Anyways it takes 1month to appear on oci website after it is updated on bls website like that

pnitin2

Jul 8, 2021
Hi,
I given documents to consulate staff when they organized a camp, and acknowledge date is Nov 21 but still no update. Vancouver jurisdiction applies to me. Is there anyone who applied around Nov 20 and got some updates?

thank you.

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Date Of Acknowledgment08-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- NumberXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

Got an update today!!
you might have got Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) updated by now

shivam.bansal88

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hi there! I am finalizing my application to handover to postal services tomorrow for Brampton location. Can somebody answer the following questions?

1) Who should attest the spouse passport copy for postal application? and Do we need to attest the printed application pages as well?
2) What place do we need to fill in the application declaration page? specifically page number 4. Is it the BLS location or the place where you live?
3) Does the photo need to be pasted to the printed application or just send it in the postal envelope?
4) Do we need to send the marriage certificate and spouse's citizenship certificate in the postal application ?
5) If the application is sent back by BLS for any incorrection, can we submit the application again in-person or will it always be postal?

Below is the link to new checklist which I found through some blog.
Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)
Can someone respond to this message?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi there! I am finalizing my application to handover to postal services tomorrow for Brampton location. Can somebody answer the following questions?

1) Who should attest the spouse passport copy for postal application? and Do we need to attest the printed application pages as well?
2) What place do we need to fill in the application declaration page? specifically page number 4. Is it the BLS location or the place where you live?
3) Does the photo need to be pasted to the printed application or just send it in the postal envelope?
4) Do we need to send the marriage certificate and spouse's citizenship certificate in the postal application ?
5) If the application is sent back by BLS for any incorrection, can we submit the application again in-person or will it always be postal?

Below is the link to new checklist which I found through some blog.
Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)
1) Applicant and No
2) For me both were same place. Looks like it should be your residence - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
3) Just send in envelope
4) Attested copy, better if you do
5) If you can do in-person, do it as any issue can be rectified upfront. Postal you need to keep spending money on courier after correction.

shivam.bansal88

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
1) Applicant and No
2) For me both were same place. Looks like it should be your residence - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
3) Just send in envelope
4) Attested copy, better if you do
5) If you can do in-person, do it as any issue can be rectified upfront. Postal you need to keep spending money on courier after correction.
Thanks for the response. I am attaching the Spouse current passport copy and marriage certificate(both attested). I wanted to do in person and had an appointment booked but due to personal reasons was not able to attend it. Hence going through courier route as the courier fees is already paid. This was more for the situation if the application comes back, then can I go for walkin or not?

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Can someone respond to this message?
based on what i think - i havent done any postal application before.
1) Who should attest the spouse passport copy for postal application? and Do we need to attest the printed application pages as well? spouse should sign on his/her copy. usually attest(signature and true copy) is applicable for proofs or documents etc)
2) What place do we need to fill in the application declaration page? specifically page number 4. Is it the BLS location or the place where you live? - Usually place you live. If brampton, say brampton

you do not need to paste the physical photo on OCI form, the BLS agent usually sticks it on the application once details are verified, so for postal applications - just send it the envelope. (got this from another post in visa forum)

4) Do we need to send the marriage certificate and spouse's citizenship certificate in the postal application ? Yes add a copy (attest) , it wont cause any issues if the details are correct in it
if it comes back, u can do in person always

Note: hope it helps ( all these are based on what i see in this forum. i havent done any postal before)

Reactions: shivam.bansal88

shivam.bansal88

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
based on what i think - i havent done any postal application before.
1) Who should attest the spouse passport copy for postal application? and Do we need to attest the printed application pages as well? spouse should sign on his/her copy. usually attest(signature and true copy) is applicable for proofs or documents etc)
2) What place do we need to fill in the application declaration page? specifically page number 4. Is it the BLS location or the place where you live? - Usually place you live. If brampton, say brampton

you do not need to paste the physical photo on OCI form, the BLS agent usually sticks it on the application once details are verified, so for postal applications - just send it the envelope. (got this from another post in visa forum)

4) Do we need to send the marriage certificate and spouse's citizenship certificate in the postal application ? Yes add a copy (attest) , it wont cause any issues if the details are correct in it
if it comes back, u can do in person always

Note: hope it helps ( all these are based on what i see in this forum. i havent done any postal before)
Thank you for a detailed response. Appreciate the insights provided.

Reactions: citi4raj

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
You could have read previous 10posts and answer was there..
Anyways it takes 1month to appear on oci website after it is updated on bls website like that
I just saw an update today also on able that it’s processing at consulate general.

sanju26

Apr 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

special thanks to @forw.jane @abbas.pasha For being so knowledgeable.

Below are some details maybe useful
Mission: Toronto
Submission Type: walk-in BLS Toronto
Submission date: 11/15/23
Under process: 11/15/23
Acknowledgement: 12/14/23
Processed: 1/17/24
Dispatched: 1/18/24
Flight on 1/2/24 hence visited consulate’s open house & explained why we needed the OCI. Officials were very cooperative & kind.
Visited BLS & requested to hold on to the OCI in case consulate dispat
Emailed consulate - instructed by officials: 1/30/24
Picked up OCI from consulate: 1/30/24

Note: We got our E-Visa done just in case if things didn’t work out

Suggestion: Please search the forum before asking questions as they might have already been answered. That’s how I was able to figure out that consulate does help in emergency situations.