+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

global_nomad

Jan 16, 2024
Using your application no track the shipment on Purolator - https://www.purolator.com/en/shipping/tracker

If you don't find an entry better go to BLS and pick it up.

I have tracked it there using the PIN provided when I initially sent my application to BLS. The latest update is that my application package was delivered to BLS. But now my OCI is ready and is in Toronto BLS office. I actually paid for both deliveries (to BLS and from BLS) but my OCI seems is there for the last two months... Is it even an option to go to BLS and ask my OCI?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have tracked it there using the PIN provided when I initially sent my application to BLS. The latest update is that my application package was delivered to BLS. But now my OCI is ready and is in Toronto BLS office. I actually paid for both deliveries (to BLS and from BLS) but my OCI seems is there for the last two months... Is it even an option to go to BLS and ask my OCI?
Yes 3-4.30 pm is pickup time. Take an ID and the receipt.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am trying to get appointments for oci in Brampton location but no luck. Can i apply in toronto or any other location within Toronto Jurisdiction? Please help. Need some advise.
Getting an appointment is limited, BLS opens appointments in batches randomly.
Option 1: Walk In, but you may have to queue up early for that
Option 2: Postal route It may take a little longer, but at least given the inclement weather and no open appointment slot, I think this might be your best bet. You may have to call BLS to arrange for Purolator pick and drop service/payment and label

SanalV

Jan 16, 2024
Once the application status changes to "Processed" How long does it take to receive in hand? BLS Brampton appointment application (Courier charges paid to BLS for return)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Once the application status changes to "Processed" How long does it take to receive in hand? BLS Brampton appointment application (Courier charges paid to BLS for return)
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )
Document received At
Are these two dates populated too?

Nidhi sareen

Jun 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
I want to apply for evisa, does anyone know the link? I have my flight on 30th January and my OCI status says "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping". I am very scared what to do at the moment because what if OCI will not arrive on time?
Really appreciate for help.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: Nidhi sareen

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
I want to apply for evisa, does anyone know the link? I have my flight on 30th January and my OCI status says "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping". I am very scared what to do at the moment because what if OCI will not arrive on time?
Really appreciate for help.
i think you should wait. evisa only takes max 24 hours to receive. U should get it before 30th. apply for evisa on 28th or 29th if you dont receive oci

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

Reactions: Nidhi sareen

vkpedia

Jan 17, 2021
Friends,

Looking for some advice.

Scenario:

For my mother, For OCI, the Dispatched from MEA date is shown as JAN 12, 2024. Received at Toronto date is not populated yet. She has flight on Jan 26th. I don't think the OCI will come before then.

My question is; can I take e-Visa for her and send OCI in India with one of other family member travelling in February? Later she is planning to go to UK (In April) and back to India. That time when coming back from UK -> India, she will use OCI to enter.

Is this a valid legal scenario Or does she need to come back to Canada to get her OCI card?

P.S. She is planning to stay in India for more than 6 months this time and I know that she can not stay over with eVisa so I am using her UK visit (in April) as a means to re-enter in India with OCI

Appreciate your help!

Andavarayan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
OCI Postal Application (2 Adults + 1 Minor)

Brampton BLS Postal Application
Application Sent : 03-Nov-2023
Application Delivered : 06-Nov-2023
BLS - Application Date : 09-Nov-2023
BLS - Underprocess : 18-Nov-2023
BLS - Processing at Consulate General : 20-Nov-2023
OCI - Date of Acknowledgement : 15-Dec-2023
OCI - Under - Process : 15-Dec-2023
OCI - Documents Printing Status : Processed on 19-Jan-2024
OCI - Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) New Delhi:
OCI - Document received At Toronto:
BLS - Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping :

Date Of Acknowledgment15-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn19-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

NOTE: Updated in the tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8SgwxDg_XelPc4vY0YEAQ8aWH0bCHIoiSBLj0huHtc/edit#gid=0) too.

Thanks,
Andavarayan M (Andy)
Apart from this, I have applied for OCI renewal for my another kid & the OCI ACK was 27-DEC-2023. I presume they won't send any new OCI card for the renewal.
OCI Renewal process was done completely online and no need to send any paper documents & of course not through BLS.

When I enquired with BLS before applying for renewal, they said the renewal process will take 15 - 20 days from the day of OCI ACK.

Considering all these, will we be able to get our (2 adults & 1 Kid) OCI cards & 1 OCI renewal approved by then?

FYI, I have booked tickets to India for Mar 9th and we will be good by then to travel only with OCI?

Thanks in advance,
Andavarayan M (Andy)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Friends,

Looking for some advice.

Scenario:

For my mother, For OCI, the Dispatched from MEA date is shown as JAN 12, 2024. Received at Toronto date is not populated yet. She has flight on Jan 26th. I don't think the OCI will come before then.

My question is; can I take e-Visa for her and send OCI in India with one of other family member travelling in February? Later she is planning to go to UK (In April) and back to India. That time when coming back from UK -> India, she will use OCI to enter.

Is this a valid legal scenario Or does she need to come back to Canada to get her OCI card?

P.S. She is planning to stay in India for more than 6 months this time and I know that she can not stay over with eVisa so I am using her UK visit (in April) as a means to re-enter in India with OCI

Appreciate your help!
It should work. No issues.

Reactions: vkpedia

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Apart from this, I have applied for OCI renewal for my another kid & the OCI ACK was 27-DEC-2023. I presume they won't send any new OCI card for the renewal.
OCI Renewal process was done completely online and no need to send any paper documents & of course not through BLS.

When I enquired with BLS before applying for renewal, they said the renewal process will take 15 - 20 days from the day of OCI ACK.

Considering all these, will we be able to get our (2 adults & 1 Kid) OCI cards & 1 OCI renewal approved by then?

FYI, I have booked tickets to India for Mar 9th and we will be good by then to travel only with OCI?

Thanks in advance,
Andavarayan M (Andy)
You should have it before your march travel based on current processing speed

Reactions: Andavarayan

Andavarayan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
You should have it before your march travel based on current processing speed
Thanks for the prompt response. Is it applicable for renewal as well? And in case of renewal OCI, As far as I know, they won't send any new OCI card for renewal application. So, what kind of document I will receive?