+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I applied on 24th November through an appointment. My acknowledgment date is 21st December. I'm in my 8th week as of today but my status says "Under process" Is there a possibility it will get delivered by month end 31st?
Can someone please share a link to track the "Current status" where you get it and see if it's in Toronto or still in Delhi?
This thing is very stressful as you have to deal with multiple things and timelines. Thanks in advance
Most likely mil jaayega by the end of this month...
Toronto estimate around 30+ days after acknowledgement you should get the OCI in hand

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi! Quick question about collecting minor Oci from bls Brampton. Do both parents have to go? Also, can we collect it after returning from the trip ( 18 days approximately)? Thanks !
For collecting in person from Brampton both parents have to go. collection is between 3;00-4:30, go early atleast by an hour if possible to be early in the queue , no appointment is needed. Haan bhai ghoom phir ke aao iuske baad collect karlena

Weird rule but thats BLS,for you in nutshell

Reactions: rushi.gada

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
OCI query:
Place of Birth in Indian Passport: <City Name>, <State Name>
Place of Birth in Canadian Passport: <City Name> IND

Do we need notarised affidavit since the place of birth is mentioned differently?
Many may have faced this, as there is no space to mention <State Name> when applying for Canadian passport.
Nahin bhai...
dont overstress by overthinking ;)

Reactions: dalal.ganesh

pul1603

Jan 16, 2024
Guys need some guidance:
Oci appointment date: 6th November
Ack date: 9th November
Status till today: Under process
Applied in person at Bls Surrey
When can we expect the oci to be processed?
Has anyone who applied in 1st week of november got their oci?

pul1603

Jan 16, 2024
Vancouver Consulate Postal application
application submitted on Nov 1,
Acknowdgement date : Nov 8
Current Status: Still processing at consulate General

Have any know how long it will take to complete the process and get the OCI back?
it is slow process through Vancouver postal application
Me and my wife are in the same boat. Applied nov 6 and ack is nov 9 and still under process :/

Last edited:

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I know there was a recent discussion regarding BLS pick up and drop off service, but I am unable to find that in the forum. Just wanted to confirm if i can pay once for 2applications pick up but pay seperately for both?? Secondly do i have to make 2drafts for each application,,, 1 for HCI and 1 for BLS?

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Me and my wife are in the same boat. Applied nov 6 and ack is nov 9 and still under process :/
I have 3 applications, 2 with Nov.08 Ack date and 1 with Nov.09 Ack date. Still waiting. I was told it should’ve been this week but I emailed the consulate last week and got a generic response back saying ‘due to high volume of application for OCI the estimated time for processing is 3-4 months from Acknowledgement.’
However, I have noticed people on here getting it with Ack dates later than mine. So I have no idea what’s going on.
My application date is Oct.28 for all 3 applications at Vancouver.

pul1603

Jan 16, 2024
I have 3 applications, 2 with Nov.08 Ack date and 1 with Nov.09 Ack date. Still waiting. I was told it should’ve been this week but I emailed the consulate last week and got a generic response back saying ‘due to high volume of application for OCI the estimated time for processing is 3-4 months from Acknowledgement.’
However, I have noticed people on here getting it with Ack dates later than mine. So I have no idea what’s going on.
My application date is Oct.28 for all 3 applications at Vancouver.
I dont know what's going on! Process is much faster everywhere else in canada. People who resubmitted their files also got their oci.

Jan 2, 2024
My OCI was finally received at Toronto. On BLS it still says processing at general consulate. What’s the next step? Does it get delivered at my house and if so is there a link to track?

Reactions: desmat

ranich

Dec 12, 2018
Applying for minor OCI. Submitting it in person at BLS Halifax. Can any one help me of I can get the Money order from Canada Post? Will BLS accept it? Thanks!

CSW

Jan 15, 2024
My OCI was finally received at Toronto. On BLS it still says processing at general consulate. What’s the next step? Does it get delivered at my house and if so is there a link to track?
If you opted for postal drop-off, Purolator should contact you for delivery. If not, then BLS website should show when its ready to pickup on their counter. Not sure what the process is to pickup from their counter. Do you need to book an appointment for that?

Usually it should take another week to get it on hand.