+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

global_nomad

Jan 16, 2024
I have applied for OCI back in August and since the beginning of December my status on the BLS website is "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping". When will I receive my OCI? Calling the BLS office is not possible as it is on auto response and leads to nowhere when you follow the prompt.

devgn

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I have applied for OCI back in August and since the beginning of December my status on the BLS website is "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping". When will I receive my OCI? Calling the BLS office is not possible as it is on auto response and leads to nowhere when you follow the prompt.
Hi, did they send your original documents such as Canadian and Indian passport with citizenship certificate to the Embassy?

SanalV

Jan 16, 2024
I applied on 24th November through an appointment. My acknowledgment date is 21st December. I'm in my 8th week as of today but my status says "Under process" Is there a possibility it will get delivered by month end 31st?
Can someone please share a link to track the "Current status" where you get it and see if it's in Toronto or still in Delhi?
This thing is very stressful as you have to deal with multiple things and timelines. Thanks in advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Using your application no track the shipment on Purolator - https://www.purolator.com/en/shipping/tracker

If you don't find an entry better go to BLS and pick it up.

Reactions: global_nomad

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I applied on 24th November through an appointment. My acknowledgment date is 21st December. I'm in my 8th week as of today but my status says "Under process" Is there a possibility it will get delivered by month end 31st?
Can someone please share a link to track the "Current status" where you get it and see if it's in Toronto or still in Delhi?
This thing is very stressful as you have to deal with multiple things and timelines. Thanks in advance
Its taking a month to get processed and then close to 7-10 days to receive in hand. It could be 31st or some days before or after it. Predicting exact date is tough as things are slowing down considerably.

SanalV

Jan 16, 2024
Its taking a month to get processed and then close to 7-10 days to receive in hand. It could be 31st or some days before or after it. Predicting exact date is tough as things are slowing down considerably.
Is there a link where i can check the status of where is it currently? or if its "under process" you dont get to see that?

ritesharor

Dec 5, 2018
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn04-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn05-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn17-JAN-2024

finally

Reactions: desmat

dalal.ganesh

Star Member
Apr 1, 2018
OCI query:
Place of Birth in Indian Passport: <City Name>, <State Name>
Place of Birth in Canadian Passport: <City Name> IND

Do we need notarised affidavit since the place of birth is mentioned differently?
Many may have faced this, as there is no space to mention <State Name> when applying for Canadian passport.

gpr17

Jan 3, 2024
Hi! Quick question about collecting minor Oci from bls Brampton. Do both parents have to go? Also, can we collect it after returning from the trip ( 18 days approximately)? Thanks !

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
OCI query:
Place of Birth in Indian Passport: <City Name>, <State Name>
Place of Birth in Canadian Passport: <City Name> IND

Do we need notarised affidavit since the place of birth is mentioned differently?
Many may have faced this, as there is no space to mention <State Name> when applying for Canadian passport.
This is case for everyone. No affidavit is needed for it.

Reactions: dalal.ganesh

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi! Quick question about collecting minor Oci from bls Brampton. Do both parents have to go? Also, can we collect it after returning from the trip ( 18 days approximately)? Thanks !
Not sure about both parents part but you can surely collect after coming back.