+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ritesharor

Dec 5, 2018
same here exact same dates

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn05-JAN-2024

No updates after this and now the BLS website is also down. Not sure what's going on as its more than 10 days since dispatched. In the past the date below used to be the very next day from the date dispatched from Delhi. Anybody else in the same situation? Was planning to travel in Feb, but not sure how this all works out now.

Document received AtTORONTOOn ????

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the note. I am aware BLS can only process after the document is received in TOR. Question is why is it taking so long. This was not the case in the past. Its as-if they have sent the document by some merchant ship which is taking its own sweet time stuck in the red sea :)
The last one shared on the forum was dispatched on 02-Jan and received on 11-Jan. Looks like the delay is becoming normal and increasing.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
To talk about their inefficiency:

Last time, I went to BLS Toronto for passport renewal, somebody literally attacked the office with a crowbar but thankfully it was locked from inside and he only smashed the windows and stuff and ran off. Reason: The person was frustrated because of the BLS employees and their inefficiency. Not to defend the attacker, but later on we got to know, he also had to come many times for one task and he had urgency for the task he came for(maybe sick/dying family member, idk)

Reaction: The employees made such a fuss of it and started crying like somebody died there. All the applicants(including me) who were inside literally were trying to calm them down instead and asking for water/refreshments if the employees need anything. Even though the employees were inside their desk, and we were standing outside the desks when the attack happened.
After a few mins, a very rude employee started yelling STRIKE STRIKE, I AM NOT SAFE HERE and all of them followed her like clueless lambs. The crying kept going on in the back like many people died. They went on to STRIKE that they wont work on the whole day even though the cops were there and even the cops were trying to reason with them to at least work for the people who are already there and that they have taken all the info and it is highly unlikely the person will come back. They kept shouting at everybody including the cops very rudely "you are not our boss, you cant tell us what to do" " what if it was you or your family" etc. etc.

When the customers asked for the management to come and address this? They literally yelled at the customers and asked them to get out and leave. VERY VERY RUDE BEHAVIOR. I mean we were also in there when the attack happened. We were more exposed to the attack than you guys. BRUH!!! We understand that you are shocked and everything. But we all are in this together and we tried to calm these guys down and asked what they need. But they should also look at customer's needs, but no!!! Does not matter if we all came at 8 am on a Saturday morning in Minus 10 degrees that day. Does not matter we were more exposed to the attack. Does not matter it was Nth number of visit for every single person there, because they have to make money by finding mistakes in each and every file(either make money off it or ask the person to book the appointment again)

After fighting and yelling for so long, they finally gave the rescheduling of appointments in the upcoming week to the clients. I honestly didn't even bother going again, as this was my second time and they already pointed the mistake in their own form that they filled for me to make money off of me. I used courier service, as I was on the counter and almost done when the attack happened and they stopped all the work. I begged them to finish my file but they returned my docs back to me. I wish I could BOYCOTT BLS and could use an alternate company for the embassy processes. Embassy should literally look at their reviews (the original ones, not the forced positive ones they ask every customer while they are on the counter so that they can hide the original negative ones) and find a new company for their processes.
I think post CoVID they have gone from bad to even worse...

vis9486

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY,NS
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018( upfront)
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Vancouver Consulate Postal application
application submitted on Nov 1,
Acknowdgement date : Nov 8
Current Status: Still processing at consulate General

Have any know how long it will take to complete the process and get the OCI back?
it is slow process through Vancouver postal application

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn05-JAN-2024

No updates after this and now the BLS website is also down. Not sure what's going on as its more than 10 days since dispatched. In the past the date below used to be the very next day from the date dispatched from Delhi. Anybody else in the same situation? Was planning to travel in Feb, but not sure how this all works out now.

Document received AtTORONTOOn ????
I got the same timeline for my spouse. Mine was counter delivered on 11th so I'm assuming it won't be sent in courier until BLS office opens up.

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even after leaving india, even after giving up Indian citizenship, the Indian inefficiency haunts us in the form of BLS.

ATN_2023

Nov 15, 2023
I got the same timeline for my spouse. Mine was counter delivered on 11th so I'm assuming it won't be sent in courier until BLS office opens up.
All our 4 applications are showing Delhi dispatched on 12th Jan.....so not sure how long it will take to receive BLS to receive and send via Courier? We are not in rush as we already completed India trip, but it will be nice to get a tentative timeline on how long it takes for Toronto to receive and send via courier? Does anyone has idea based on history?

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All our 4 applications are showing Delhi dispatched on 12th Jan.....so not sure how long it will take to receive BLS to receive and send via Courier? We are not in rush as we already completed India trip, but it will be nice to get a tentative timeline on how long it takes for Toronto to receive and send via courier? Does anyone has idea based on history?
Mine took about 11 days to be delivered to the consulate. Another 2 days for stamping and delivery to BLS. Further 2 days wasted at BLS sitting there waiting to be dispatched by courier. I saw just now that at 10am a label is created. I'm assuming by the end of today it will be sent. 2 more days to get it in my hand!

brarvj

Jul 26, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
09/12/2020
Please advise

The OCI status on BLS website shows: “Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping”
How will I know if its ready to be picked up at BLS ? Or will the OCI card be delivered at home?

i have my flight on 18th.