+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
BLS web site is down:
We’ll be back soon!
Due to Cyclonic weather last couple days , the server connectivity is temporarily down.
We would assist with rescheduled appointments and walk-in can resume the moment connectivity is restored.
You can check updates on BLS website and Call Center.
Wow cyclonic weather.. where? in Canada?
Ideally should not impact if they had servers not in Canada.
I would assume they would have website servers in India to save money..

Reactions: coolak2007

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Wow cyclonic weather.. where? in Canada?
Ideally should not impact if they had servers not in Canada.
I would assume they would have website servers in India to save money..
Some reason has to be given if its on inefficiency part, but maybe genuine too!

Reactions: desmat

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Wow that's too much.. very sad..

But don't underestimate them.. they might be trained bugs.. lol

They needed such things when fight between India and Canada was going on as India had this reason specifically given that employees were not safe so they had to stop all visa processing...

Anyways hearing those incidents, is not surprising due to their own behaviors... but even that person should have had some patience as employees there might be just puppets and real masters of game don't show their face..
That person should either adhere to what they ask or should take a proper stand by raising complaints to consulate or even get joint ones to EAM's office too.. instead of getting to damaging/physical mode.. See latest incident of Indigo, what that guy got who slapped copilot, he got case registered against him.
The attacker surrendered himself later on that day. Probably, guilty conscience!!

Too many people waiting outside in the queue got his videos and car info anyway, maybe he thought it was wiser to self surrender than cops finding his home and arresting him.

Reactions: desmat

devgn

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I applied for OCI, using postal services.
I need to know when does one get documents (Citizenship certificate and passports) back?
Do we need to collect from BLS itself once it sends to CGI ? or Embassy sends back after acknowledgement?

CSW

Jan 15, 2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn05-JAN-2024

No updates after this and now the BLS website is also down. Not sure what's going on as its more than 10 days since dispatched. In the past the date below used to be the very next day from the date dispatched from Delhi. Anybody else in the same situation? Was planning to travel in Feb, but not sure how this all works out now.

Document received AtTORONTOOn ????

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn05-JAN-2024

No updates after this and now the BLS website is also down. Not sure what's going on as its more than 10 days since dispatched. In the past the date below used to be the very next day from the date dispatched from Delhi. Anybody else in the same situation? Was planning to travel in Feb, but not sure how this all works out now.

Document received AtTORONTOOn ????
BLS site won't help till document received date is not updated. Once it is, directly using the application no track it on Purolator site if you went for courier option.

CSW

Jan 15, 2024
BLS site won't help till document received date is not updated. Once it is, directly using the application no track it on Purolator site if you went for courier option.
Thanks for the note. I am aware BLS can only process after the document is received in TOR. Question is why is it taking so long. This was not the case in the past. Its as-if they have sent the document by some merchant ship which is taking its own sweet time stuck in the red sea :)

harsh237

Dec 22, 2021
To talk about their inefficiency:

Last time, I went to BLS Toronto for passport renewal, somebody literally attacked the office with a crowbar but thankfully it was locked from inside and he only smashed the windows and stuff and ran off. Reason: The person was frustrated because of the BLS employees and their inefficiency. Not to defend the attacker, but later on we got to know, he also had to come many times for one task and he had urgency for the task he came for(maybe sick/dying family member, idk)

Reaction: The employees made such a fuss of it and started crying like somebody died there. All the applicants(including me) who were inside literally were trying to calm them down instead and asking for water/refreshments if the employees need anything. Even though the employees were inside their desk, and we were standing outside the desks when the attack happened.
After a few mins, a very rude employee started yelling STRIKE STRIKE, I AM NOT SAFE HERE and all of them followed her like clueless lambs. The crying kept going on in the back like many people died. They went on to STRIKE that they wont work on the whole day even though the cops were there and even the cops were trying to reason with them to at least work for the people who are already there and that they have taken all the info and it is highly unlikely the person will come back. They kept shouting at everybody including the cops very rudely "you are not our boss, you cant tell us what to do" " what if it was you or your family" etc. etc.

When the customers asked for the management to come and address this? They literally yelled at the customers and asked them to get out and leave. VERY VERY RUDE BEHAVIOR. I mean we were also in there when the attack happened. We were more exposed to the attack than you guys. BRUH!!! We understand that you are shocked and everything. But we all are in this together and we tried to calm these guys down and asked what they need. But they should also look at customer's needs, but no!!! Does not matter if we all came at 8 am on a Saturday morning in Minus 10 degrees that day. Does not matter we were more exposed to the attack. Does not matter it was Nth number of visit for every single person there, because they have to make money by finding mistakes in each and every file(either make money off it or ask the person to book the appointment again)

After fighting and yelling for so long, they finally gave the rescheduling of appointments in the upcoming week to the clients. I honestly didn't even bother going again, as this was my second time and they already pointed the mistake in their own form that they filled for me to make money off of me. I used courier service, as I was on the counter and almost done when the attack happened and they stopped all the work. I begged them to finish my file but they returned my docs back to me. I wish I could BOYCOTT BLS and could use an alternate company for the embassy processes. Embassy should literally look at their reviews (the original ones, not the forced positive ones they ask every customer while they are on the counter so that they can hide the original negative ones) and find a new company for their processes.
This is hilarious!

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Can we surrender India passport and apply OCI with same application / same time ?
When I did for my surrender and oci in 2019, it was combined application . It’s now treated as 2 application

1- surrender process first
2- once you get the papers for surrender , apply for oci again.
For both you have to visit bls if it’s not postal

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
You have to get the thumb impression otherwise it will be sent back. I had to do the same with my 1 month old infant.

I called BLS to check, checklist no matter any parent can sign , its form which matters most where both parents need to sign and infant need to sign or thumb impression at two places

jainp01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO/ Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Nomination.....
PER 18/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/02/2015