+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I'm hoping for my OCI to arrive before i leave to India (eVisa) on Feb 9 (ACK date Jan 3). But if it doesn't, I'd like to understand if anyone has had experience with having the delivery address changed (perhaps to a friend)?
Purolator will hold it for 5 business days and then give it back to BLS. As its important document not sure if they will allow you to switch addresses.

Jan 9, 2024
BLS Brampton
Date of Application: October 31, 2023
Date of Acknowledgement: December 4, 2023
Documents Printing Status: December 29, 2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ): December 29, 2023
Document received At: January 4, 2024
Application Status on January 9, 2024: (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Tracking number for purolator now available on my application on BLS website. Shows estimated delivery date as tomorrow.

Reactions: forw.jane

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I have question to ask. What if u go india withE-visa and OCI?? Is there any issues???
no that shouldnt be an issue at all.

if they really care in India they should fix the timelines by deploying more efficient staff.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Anybody can share how you took thumb impression of a baby? Not keen on using the stamp pad so wondering if there is any other safer way to get baby's thumb print on a paper.

Reactions: desmat

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Do we need to upload parents employment letters while uploading other checklist documents for a minor's OCI application?

I see that the checklist for submission of OCI application of a minor under Type C: Application for OCI to Minor Children - Born in Canada states "Documents at (a), (b), (f), (h) (i) & (j) above" wherein (i) stands for Professional Details of the applicant. Could this be a typo? Or actually parents employment letters need to submitted ?

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
Hello, has ANYONE here, upon receiving their OCI, applied for a Special Work Permit online - which is required for purposes such as undertaking research or working at a foreign diplomatic mission in India? My question is: how long did it take to obtain this Special Work Permission (which apparently comes through an email approval)? Please advise - I've tried to look this up on the internet but to no avail. Thank you!!

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Do we need to upload parents employment letters while uploading other checklist documents for a minor's OCI application?

I see that the checklist for submission of OCI application of a minor under Type C: Application for OCI to Minor Children - Born in Canada states "Documents at (a), (b), (f), (h) (i) & (j) above" wherein (i) stands for Professional Details of the applicant. Could this be a typo? Or actually parents employment letters need to submitted ?
i just said n/a over there. For minor applicants i don’t see any reason why we would add that information.