+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

amanmander

Jan 9, 2014
Just a quick query: I am applying for OCI for my son, I have already paid for Purloator pick up and the return labels. The agent told me to create one bank draft of $346.70 in favor of Bls International Services Canada Inc.

Now, some people are saying there will be one bank draft for the Consulate for $345 and one for $1.70 for BLS, and some are saying it will be $7.40 for BLS, but the BLS website mentions as below,

Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes CGI fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.

This is for Vancouver jurisdiction.

I want to confirm if anyone has recently submitted OCI over a post, and the bank draft was $346.70 in favor of BLS International.
TIA.

senthilkumarank

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
Hi guys I’m going to get a canada passport. The question is, can I apply both OCI and surrender my Indian passport same time? or I have to wait for the surrender certificate? One of my friend done that last year. But can’t see anyone done that in recent times.
Anyone experienced that recently ?
Do I need an appointment or I can just walk in ?

SHDTS

Jan 4, 2024
My status shows that my marriage certificate is missing, will I need to re apply or just upload marriage certificate

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Online one need not be attested.
let me add some more context,

as per one BLS team member- if you scan directly from original document say passport and upload no need to attest it but if you take copy and then scan it that needs to be self attested.

now If you call them multiple times you might get multiple responses. I made sure I scanned directly from source document

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Just a quick query: I am applying for OCI for my son, I have already paid for Purloator pick up and the return labels. The agent told me to create one bank draft of $346.70 in favor of Bls International Services Canada Inc.

Now, some people are saying there will be one bank draft for the Consulate for $345 and one for $1.70 for BLS, and some are saying it will be $7.40 for BLS, but the BLS website mentions as below,

Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes CGI fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.

This is for Vancouver jurisdiction.

I want to confirm if anyone has recently submitted OCI over a post, and the bank draft was $346.70 in favor of BLS International.
TIA.
yes i did yesterday over post and fee is 346.70 I confirmed with cgi website plus called bls as well to confirm

Reactions: amanmander

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
let me add some more context,

as per one BLS team member- if you scan directly from original document say passport and upload no need to attest it but if you take copy and then scan it that needs to be self attested.

now If you call them multiple times you might get multiple responses. I made sure I scanned directly from source document
That's good to know. I scanned the original one during my time.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys I’m going to get a canada passport. The question is, can I apply both OCI and surrender my Indian passport same time? or I have to wait for the surrender certificate? One of my friend done that last year. But can’t see anyone done that in recent times.
Anyone experienced that recently ?
Do I need an appointment or I can just walk in ?
Now they don't accept it together. You have to do it one after another, SC and then OCI. Appointment is always better if you can get one but after evisa started again walk-ins would also work.

Reactions: senthilkumarank