+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I applied on Dec 15th (walk-in). What's a reasonable date by which I can expect to receive OCI at home? Is Feb 15th a reasonable estimate? What happens if no one is home to receive the OCI card? Would the Purolator or BLS folks hold the card for a month or would that be too long? Do they return it to the consulate after that?
No this stays with bls and you can collect pnçe ur back. i Have called them to confirm. I am having similar situation sinçe I apllied today and travelling on Feb last week. Likely I may get it as well. But not pinning any hopes with hopeless situation which all are in.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I applied on Dec 15th (walk-in). What's a reasonable date by which I can expect to receive OCI at home? Is Feb 15th a reasonable estimate? What happens if no one is home to receive the OCI card? Would the Purolator or BLS folks hold the card for a month or would that be too long? Do they return it to the consulate after that?
Five business days Purolator holds after that goes back to BLS. They hold it for a year if I am not wrong.

KNIGHTRIDER14

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Can someone suggest if i opted for bls drop off to home but wants to collect from bls(time saving) is it possible and whats the procedure.Thanks

share_SK

May 5, 2014
Hello! Can some one please guide me. I had applied for OCI in person at Brampton BLS on Dec 9,2023 for a family of 3. I have no acknowledgement so far. OCI enquiry says no records found and BLS website says under processing. Wondering if something is wrong, as I have seen in the forum many people receive acknowledgement within 2 weeks or so.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello! Can some one please guide me. I had applied for OCI in person at Brampton BLS on Dec 9,2023 for a family of 3. I have no acknowledgement so far. OCI enquiry says no records found and BLS website says under processing. Wondering if something is wrong, as I have seen in the forum many people receive acknowledgement within 2 weeks or so.
It's more then a month these days. Next week you should get acknowledgement.

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
you will see update in oci website between 20-30 days from your bls application date

see mine in-person BLS Brampton for my son below:
Applied in bls brampton - 25 Nov
Ack Date- 21 Dec

see this tracker and add yours for better understanding:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8SgwxDg_XelPc4vY0YEAQ8aWH0bCHIoiSBLj0huHtc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
How to do postal applications now?

No link is there for postal anymore on bls website like it used to be there few days ago

Sahilsn927

Aug 5, 2020
Do we need to self the documents which we ar uploading in the portal? Or only the ones we are sending via mail? Please let me know as I already submitted the online form without attesting.