Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment29-NOV-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

This is for my Minor daughter.

When can I expect the OCI ?

Traveling to India on 28th January
You won’t get it in time. Vancouver is processing at 8 weeks from Acknowledgement date and then 4-5 days before you receive it (some are getting it in 2-3 days after processing but it depends on the day of week).

Reactions: gakano

gakano

Jan 2, 2024
You won’t get it in time. Vancouver is processing at 8 weeks from Acknowledgement date and then 4-5 days before you receive it (some are getting it in 2-3 days after processing but it depends on the day of week).
In that case better to go with e-visa?

Also, since we wont be here to receive the OCI, how should we handle that situation?

oci-99

Dec 12, 2023
My e-visa took less than 24 hrs. I filled it out online in the evening and it was granted by mid next day.

Curious why Vancouver BLS is taking so much longer than the East Coast to process OCI? Don't all applications go to Delhi?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My e-visa took less than 24 hrs. I filled it out online in the evening and it was granted by mid next day.

Curious why Vancouver BLS is taking so much longer than the East Coast to process OCI? Don't all applications go to Delhi?
It's cyclic in nature. Slowness randomly starts impacting particular consulate/high commission without any logical reasoning.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
For Minor OCI Application, my child can sign so we have uploaded the signature on the application just below the scanned photo.

Does the child also need to sign on Declaration section and then both parents sign off Application for Minor Child.

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
In that case better to go with e-visa?

Also, since we wont be here to receive the OCI, how should we handle that situation?
Yeah I would get an e-visa if I were in your situation.
For the OCI, if there won’t be anyone home to recieve it then call BLS and see if they can hold it for you. You will have to go in person when you getback to pick it up. But if anyone will be home then they can accept it on your behalf while you’re gone.

Nidhi sareen

Jun 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
Anyone from October 27th Vancouver jurisdiction received OCI? Is it advisable to contact consulate General regarding the application?

IndTOcanda

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hello All, I have a question about appointment. Since no available appointment for OCI, can I book appointment for Visa application and instead of visa application can I submit OCI application? for Mississuaga office.

gpr17

Jan 3, 2024
Hi everyone!
Applied for Oci for my baby on November 13. Acknowledgment on oci website Dec 13. We have booked tickets to India on Jan 24th. Status says Under process. Any chance we could receive it before then? Please suggest on what to do alternatively. Thanks in advance!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone!
Applied for Oci for my baby on November 13. Acknowledgment on oci website Dec 13. We have booked tickets to India on Jan 24th. Status says Under process. Any chance we could receive it before then? Please suggest on what to do alternatively. Thanks in advance!
Which location? E-visa is the alternative