+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jan 1, 2024
Hello Everyone following is my timeline for OCI application minor if any one can share their guesses when i might receive it ?

Postal application Surrey Office
Delivered: Nov 8th
BLS website application date: Nov 24th
Acknowledged: Dec 4th
OCI website status: Under process
Mission: Vancouver
BLS website status: Processing at Consulate General.

Thanks

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you. Yes, I read that and by seeing 'either parent's' was a bit confusing as to it meant anyone or both. Thanks for clarifying
hi there- i called up BLS yesterday and seems like some changes in requirements

they asked me to attach marriage certificate for minor child application and I directed them to checklist which said if parents names are endorsed in each other passport then not required. But seems like consulate have been asking them to Obtain marriage certificates. i asked whether this one needs to be attested and i was being told not required just a copy of marriage certificate

not sure you are based in BC but I was also told NoC from both parents in BC is not required. So I am again holding on sending application by post.

couple Of more points

fee has been now reduced to 346.70 for fresh appl and also the agent requested me to fill application on Jan 1 2024 as the number generated in 2024 will be different. Just sharing for attention of applicants who are in process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snehathomas

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone following is my timeline for OCI application minor if any one can share their guesses when i might receive it ?

Postal application Surrey Office
Delivered: Nov 8th
BLS website application date: Nov 24th
Acknowledged: Dec 4th
OCI website status: Under process
Mission: Vancouver
BLS website status: Processing at Consulate General.

Thanks
Mostly by week of 4th Feb

karthik@

Jan 1, 2024
Hello All , I am filling OCI for my new born , Can you guys please help me for below query.
  • What to i need to update H and I for minor applicant as they are mandatory as per checklist
(h)Spouse’s passport (Copy) If married
(i)Professional Details of the applicant
  • Online i uploaded current passport ,both parents passport , relationship certificate and marriage certificate , anything more i need to upload ?
  • Can background of photo be white ?
  • I planning to go walk-in in this week to Toronto BLS, do they take originals if we go walk-in ? or is it better to mail instead of walk-in.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All- Few more questions around OCI Application

a) Do BC Applicants need to provide NOC form for the minor child. BLS for the first time said NO for BC Residents. But just to double check

b) Self attested documents- Is signature enough or do i need to write "This is true copy of the original" (hate doing this considering so many documents to be attached)

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello All , I am filling OCI for my new born , Can you guys please help me for below query.
  • What to i need to update H and I for minor applicant as they are mandatory as per checklist
(h)Spouse’s passport (Copy) If married
(i)Professional Details of the applicant
  • Online i uploaded current passport ,both parents passport , relationship certificate and marriage certificate , anything more i need to upload ?
  • Can background of photo be white ?
  • I planning to go walk-in in this week to Toronto BLS, do they take originals if we go walk-in ? or is it better to mail instead of walk-in.

Seems like something wrong in Checklist for Toronto as I don't see these documents asked for minor applications in Vancouver Jurisdiction.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
This had happened to us as well. BLS site had spelled my husband’s name wrong but it was right on the application form uploaded. When it came up on OCI site it was all correct as it was on application. BLS people make multiple errors on their site I’ve noticed. Check your application and if it’s right then don’t worry about it.
Thank you. The OCI portal is not showing anything (No record found), so I will wait for that. But I double-checked the application we submitted, and the name is ok there. BLS is next-level lazy. This is after they took $60 to make data entry updates... sigh!

Reactions: Jyoti071

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All- Few more questions around OCI Application

a) Do BC Applicants need to provide NOC form for the minor child. BLS for the first time said NO for BC Residents. But just to double check

b) Self attested documents- Is signature enough or do i need to write "This is true copy of the original" (hate doing this considering so many documents to be attached)
b) Only signature.

Are you doing postal?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes i am sending by post within this week.
From my experience for in-person, if they don't want a doc they throw it. Did for checklist which other BLS charged extra money for printing. So no harm in sending NOC. If they don't want it they will discard it. It's better and cheaper than getting you package back.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
From my experience for in-person, if they don't want a doc they throw it. Did for checklist which other BLS charged extra money for printing. So no harm in sending NOC. If they don't want it they will discard it. It's better and cheaper than getting you package back.

That makes sense to me.

einav

Nov 10, 2023
Status Updated:
Application Date03-Nov-2023
Date Of Acknowledgment06-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn01-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn---
Document received AtTORONTOOn---

Reactions: dreamchaser0047

praikdeshmukh1987

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi All ,

Is it possible to apply for my surrender certificate as well as the OCI at the same time . In the same appointment?
I had read previously , in last year's post , that we can't do both at the same time.
Have things changed in 2023/24?
This forum has been a blessing .
Thank you all for the help