+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Does anyone know how many days it takes for Purolator to deliver the OCI card in Calgary once the shipment is created by the Calgary BLS office?

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Is it the BLS Tracker?
We got a response back, application is getting returned. Applied for foreign spouse. One is reason stated is having to ask for permission from CGI first. According to me I thought interview is held after applying.

Does it mean I have to go to consulate during attestation time and ask for permission and do an interview? Or does the consulate have an email I should email and they respond to it.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
We got a response back, application is getting returned. Applied for foreign spouse. One is reason stated is having to ask for permission from CGI first. According to me I thought interview is held after applying.

Does it mean I have to go to consulate during attestation time and ask for permission and do an interview? Or does the consulate have an email I should email and they respond to it.
I feel postal does not work in such cases. You might have to do in-person BLS submission. It's called pre-approval within which the interview process would get triggered. Any challenge doing in-person submission?

Reactions: samjj2

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Yup you need to go to consulate first get their consent and then apply for OCI.
On the CGI website its not spelled out correctly.
If you are in Toronto you can try the Open House https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/open-house/

Reactions: samjj2

sandy66

Dec 30, 2023
hey , Good Morning
I just Join and I applied OCI for my son. (BLS Brampton-Postal Application)
BLS Application date: 30/oct/2023
ACK high commission Date: 02/Dec/2023
Its in UNDER PROCESS.
My flight to India on 22/Jan/24. Is it possible to get OCI on Hand before that date??? or I can Apply E-tourist visa??? please Guide me. what if u got OCI on hand and u also have E-visa with you. is there any issues if u have two visas??? please let me know. thanks

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
hey , Good Morning
Its in UNDER PROCESS.
My flight to India on 22/Jan/24. Is it possible to get OCI on Hand before that date??? or I can Apply E-tourist visa??? please Guide me. what if u got OCI on hand and u also have E-visa with you. is there any issues if u have two visas??? please let me know. thanks
It is actually at least based on most of the cases you should receive OCI in hand after a month of receiving acknowledgement from high commission. So, I think you have high chance of getting OCI in hand before your travel date. This all can change based on other factors such as no. of holidays in between so could have an impact by a few days. I don't think it would be an issue if you apply e-Visa and get it while your OCI is in process.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
hey , Good Morning
Its in UNDER PROCESS.
You should have OCI in a week or two. No issue with having e-visa if you don't get OCI in hand before travel. E-visa gets processed mostly in 24 hrs, so you have ample time to decide. Don't apply it now.

Simmy08

Nov 2, 2023
Hey guys,

I had 5 oci applications. 4 of them of had an Oct 20th acknowledgement and 1 had Oct 24th acknowledgement. From the 4 for Oct 20th, 3 I have received and even my Oct 24th is processed and on its way back. Should I continue waiting for my one application left from Oct 20th or should I reach out to bls? Does anyone have any info on who I can reach out to?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I had 5 oci applications. 4 of them of had an Oct 20th acknowledgement and 1 had Oct 24th acknowledgement. From the 4 for Oct 20th, 3 I have received and even my Oct 24th is processed and on its way back. Should I continue waiting for my one application left from Oct 20th or should I reach out to bls? Does anyone have any info on who I can reach out to?
You should reach out to BLS, to know if there is any issue with the application pending.

minimo90

Mar 24, 2019
Hi, I am looking to submit my OCI application, could someone guide if we need to submit original Foreign passport for postal applications. When I try book pick up for application, it asks for original drop off details.
Thanks for any guidance.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I am looking to submit my OCI application, could someone guide if we need to submit original Foreign passport for postal applications. When I try book pick up for application, it asks for original drop off details.
Thanks for any guidance.
Attested copy is enough. No need to send original. Book your pickup by calling BLS. Thats effective.

Helpnew

Dec 14, 2023
Any update from vancouver consulate OCI candidates .i applied for minor OCi ack daye is 27th october and status is still under process