+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
HI Experts,

I need to apply OCI for my minor kids who had Indian passport earlier. But my wife went back to India and her PR card is expired. BLS mentions that you need to attach valid Canadian status for spouse too in case of minor applications.

What options I have.

Kindly assist.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Do I need to send my Original Canadian Passport with my fresh OCI application? Also, I have my Citizenship e-certificate so do I need to send two copies of that certificate as original and copy?

Please help, thank you.
No, don’t send originals. Send only self attested copies. Also talk to the call centre and get a payment link for 2 couriers only. If you use online, you’ll end up paying for 3

Reactions: mk9353

fernjo1234

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hello Guys, will be applying for my OCI soon and will be doing it via Purolator and paying the purolator fees seperately

Had some questions apologies if its been answered before

Application for Fresh OCI

(c) Surrender / Renunciation Certificate: (Can it be only the copy?)

(e) Foreign Citizenship certificate (Original and Copy) (Can it be only the copy?)

(f) Canadian/Foreign passport* (Original and Copy) (Can it be only the copy?)

(k) Fees : Fresh OCI CAD $ 345 /- (Do I have to do 2 demand drafts? If yes what are the amounts)

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Guys, will be applying for my OCI soon and will be doing it via Purolator and paying the purolator fees seperately

Had some questions apologies if its been answered before

Application for Fresh OCI

(c) Surrender / Renunciation Certificate: (Can it be only the copy?)

(e) Foreign Citizenship certificate (Original and Copy) (Can it be only the copy?)

(f) Canadian/Foreign passport* (Original and Copy) (Can it be only the copy?)

(k) Fees : Fresh OCI CAD $ 345 /- (Do I have to do 2 demand drafts? If yes what are the amounts)

Thanks
(c) Surrender / Renunciation Certificate: (Can it be only the copy?) - Self attested copy

(e) Foreign Citizenship certificate (Original and Copy) (Can it be only the copy?) - Self attested copy

(f) Canadian/Foreign passport* (Original and Copy) (Can it be only the copy?) - Self attested copy

(k) Fees : Fresh OCI CAD $ 345 /- (Do I have to do 2 demand drafts? If yes what are the amounts) - Depends on the jurisdiction.
For Toronto jurisdiction: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-application-types.php
Postal Applications:

Two separate payments required of OCI application as per the direction of HCI.
  1. Draft or money order in favor of "Consulate General of India - Toronto - Toronto "
    (Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge only).
  2. In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via

1. Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
  2. Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
  3. Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.

Last edited:

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
HI Experts,

I need to apply OCI for my minor kids who had Indian passport earlier. But my wife went back to India and her PR card is expired. BLS mentions that you need to attach valid Canadian status for spouse too in case of minor applications.

What options I have.

Kindly assist.
I'm not an expert by any means, but the PR card's validity is by no means an indication of your status in Canada. Someone could live in Canada indefinitely with an expired PR card and still be a considered a lawful permanent resident. You can call BLS to confirm the supporting documentation, but the PR card + the history of stay in Canada should confirm status.
In the alternative, your spouse could apply for a PRTD at the Canadian Consulate In India and you can use that affixed document as proof of her legal status in Canada.
These are simply my understanding of the concept of status and the legality of various documents we carry. I'd recommend you to verify with BLS before initiating any payments.

Hr2019

Jul 13, 2019
Hi guys, OCI dispatched from MEA Delhi on Dec. 18th.
Still not delivered to Ottawa. How many days it usually takes from dispatch date to ready to pick up?
My pickup location is BLS Montreal.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Still not delivered to Ottawa. How many days it usually takes from dispatch date to ready to pick up?
Should be end of this week or mid of next week. Holiday impact may be there too.

Reactions: Hr2019

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Same dispatch date here. Still waiting.

suppar

Dec 20, 2023
Hi, I mailed my OCI re-issue application to Brampton BLS on November 20th. My application date on the BLS site says November 30th and status changed to processing at consulate general on December 1st (as told by BLS agent) and is the current status. This is my second time mailing to error the first time. What are chances I receive my OCI before January 12th? Is it any faster because its a re-issue and not a fresh application? Should I look into e-visa now?

Last edited: