+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Do I need to send my Original Canadian Passport with my fresh OCI application? Also, I have my Citizenship e-certificate so do I need to send two copies of that certificate as original and copy?

Please help, thank you.

Last edited:

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
Do you see entry on Purolator site using your Application No?
Ah yes, thank you. The tracking number is also on the BLS site, Purolator says manifest created but not yet picked up. Assuming that'll happen later today/ this evening, and barring no delays should reach me tomorrow.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Do I need to send my Original Canadian Passport with my fresh OCI application? Also, I have my Citizenship e-certificate so do I need to send two copies of that certificate as original and copy?

Please help, thank you.
Don't send original. Self attested copy is enough.

Reactions: mk9353

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Can I pay OCI application fee at the BLS along with the BLS processing fee using my debit card? Or, should I get draft for the OCI application fee?

einav

Nov 10, 2023
Can I pay OCI application fee at the BLS along with the BLS processing fee using my debit card? Or, should I get draft for the OCI application fee?
@pradeepadm2017

Mode of payment:

In Person:

Two separate payments required of OCI application as per the direction of HCI / CGI.
1. Draft or money order in favor of "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" 
(Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge only).
2. In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
3. Debit Card
4. Cash (Applicant’s are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
* (Note: Fees payable under this section is BLS Processing fee+ courier fees only).

Postal Applications:
Two separate payments required of OCI application as per the direction of HCI / CGI.
1. Draft or money order in favor of "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" 
(Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge only).
2. In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via
3. Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
4. Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
5. Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.

Check this link for more information.
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/ocihome.php

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020
Applying OCI for 3 people. One Single Demand Draft ($345*3 = $1035) can be made in favor of "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" ???

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Applying OCI for 3 people. One Single Demand Draft ($345*3 = $1035) can be made in favor of "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" ???
Better to have separate ones as if one gets returned in case of single draft all application will be returned. In separate case others will continue getting processed.

Reactions: iWish2

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Mode of payment:

• In Person:
  • Two separate payments required of OCI application as per the direction of HCI.
    1. Draft or money order in favor of "Consulate General of India – Toronto"
    2. (Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge only).
    3. In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
      • Debit Card
      • Cash (Applicant’s are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
  • (Note: Fees payable under this section is BLS Processing fee+ courier fees only).
  • Postal Applications:
    Two separate payments required of OCI application as per the direction of CGI.
    1. Draft or money order in favor of "Consulate General of India – Toronto"
    2. In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via
    3. Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
    4. Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
    5. Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.

Reactions: pradeepadm2017

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Need help - Applying for OCI as legally separated not divorced

I tried to file online OCI Application. Currently I am legally separated from my spouse and not yet divorced. On the particulars page its asking me to provide passport and job details of my spouse. And on the Document Upload page its asking to upload Joint Declaration of Subsisting of Marriage and Spouse Passport

What should I do for these two? I am completely stuck on this. Anyone who is in similar situation or had gone through this process please let me know. Thank you!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Need help - Applying for OCI as legally separated not divorced

I tried to file online OCI Application. Currently I am legally separated from my spouse and not yet divorced. On the particulars page its asking me to provide passport and job details of my spouse. And on the Document Upload page its asking to upload Joint Declaration of Subsisting of Marriage and Spouse Passport

What should I do for these two? I am completely stuck on this. Anyone who is in similar situation or had gone through this process please let me know. Thank you!
Which location you applying at ?