+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

sjsingh

Apr 1, 2023
Need help :(

OCI For Minor
Walk-in submission at BLS Brampton on 9.NOV.23
Processing at consulate general 10.NOV.23

No updates after that, no records found on the oci website. We are travelling on 10th Jan but I have heard it’s taking over 2 months now.

I dont want to go for eVisa as I have to book return tickets with that. Should I wait till the end? Experts pls help.

Reactions: Ean2543 and desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Need help :(

OCI For Minor
Walk-in submission at BLS Brampton on 9.NOV.23
Processing at consulate general 10.NOV.23

No updates after that, no records found on the oci website. We are travelling on 10th Jan but I have heard it’s taking over 2 months now.

I dont want to go for eVisa as I have to book return tickets with that. Should I wait till the end? Experts pls help.
Currently eVisa takes less than 24 hrs to get. You can wait till 5th Jan and decide.

Reactions: Ean2543

hecarm

Dec 8, 2023
Once you enter the information(name, place of birth, passport details etc..) on the OCI website, you will be asked to upload your photo and signature. After this you will be asked to upload the passport copy, surrender certificate, citizenship certificate, marriage certificate, Work/Experience letter etc. Self attestation is not required for uploaded supporting document
Walmart (you can mention to them the photo specification) is a good option to get your photographs clicked, take a picture through your phone for digital copy. For the signature sign on a paper and take a photo/scan of the signature.

At the end you can download the copy of the application form which will have the photo and signature.

This printed form along with the hard copy of the photo has to be submitted to BLS.

We provided the letter issued by the company. Letter was uploaded to the OCI website along with the other documents mentioned above. But when we took the letter to BLS for submission in person, they returned it back as it was not required... Documents that you will submit to BLS need to be self attested.

For Adult Application we uploaded the following on the OCI website:
  • CURRENT PASSPORT - Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back)
  • EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
  • SPOUSE PASSPORT- Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back) (if you are married)
  • PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF - Combine pdf and include (first and last page) of the Indian Passport and Surrender Certificate
There are tools like:
- https://imageresizer.com/ to adjust the dimension of the photo and signature
- https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf to compress the size of the pdf (supporting documents) that you will upload
you can also try this site. They dont show ads like Image Resizer.

rockdale

Dec 8, 2023
Can I apply E-visa to visit India. I have applied my OCI on 19 oct via Courier and Ack is 6 Dec on OCI website. I am planning to travel on 28 dec.
Should I wait for OCI or apply E-visa?

rockdale

Dec 8, 2023
Guys. submitted application by walkin for oci on 6-Nov but still not able to see any status on oci website.. bls website says same processing by consulate.. what should we do?
And is this normal?

Hi
Its normal I guess. My brother has applied on 1 Nov and he got his acknowledgement on 6 Dec on OCI website.
You will get it next week.

Reactions: desmat

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
how long does it take to see our OCI application on the OCI Status inquiry website?

Currently on BLS it says "Processing at HC" but on OCI website "No record found".
Here's my application shows on OCI inquiry status website:-

Date of Acknowledgement: 8 Dec
OCI application status: under process

golakersri23

Oct 16, 2018
Finally got the Update today.

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn08-DEC-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn08-DEC-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn08-DEC-2023
No update since Nov 15. Is anyone in the same boat?

10/18 - Applied Walk-in at Toronto
11/14 - Date of Acknowledgement
11/15 - Status: Under Process

Reactions: eas2lv

suresh_11in

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Received OCI card today. Applied in-person BLS Brampton on Oct 16, 2023.
Thanks everyone!

Date Of Acknowledgment08-NOV-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-DEC-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-DEC-2023