OCI process

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
My timeline:
Walk In Application BLS Ottawa.
Application date: 2/12/2023
BLS tracker: Processing at High Commission
OCI tracker: No record found

What should I expect next? Do we have OCI tracker for BLS-Ottawa?

Last edited:

SnSrSn

Nov 20, 2023
Hello ,

Recently received Canadian Citizenship and already applied for OCI , however i need to travel to India this week for 2-3 weeks and looking at Evisa option. I see there are 2 options 30 days and 365 days . Is the visa processing fee the same irrespective ? Or is it different ?

nick5139

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hey Guys, My OCI got returned because they said To fill canadian passport details under the passport details column of the OCI application, even though their instructions clearly said to fill indian details LOL. Anyways, any idea on how to edit application now? do i have to fill up a fresh one all over again?

harith123

Dec 3, 2023
We don't have any recent data on this so hard to say. Last time I did this was in 2019 (spousal pio to oci) and it took only three days after reaching the consulate. There is no security clearance waiting period for this, but the long time it takes these days for oci applications to get registered (ack) could affect this one too.

My guess would be that you may get ack this week and from then the process would be fast unlike fresh oci. Like a couple of days. Assuming the pio was issued in Canada.

I would suggest to email the consulate and ask when to expect it. No use asking BLS as they will say some bs which has no value.
If you get a response from cgi please share here.
they replied
“OCI process goes through a clearance process from the Ministry of Home Affairs, which cannot be interfered with. We sympathize with your situation and will give your request due priority.

Please send a reminder after 8 weeks of your application at oci.toronto@mea.gov.in

skondav

Nov 18, 2023
Hi, this is the question to all experts, I applied for my OCI walk-in on 31st October and haven't received acknowledgement yet probably receive it on the 4th or 5th of December, I am planning to go to India. It looks like I will receive OCI at the end of the month or in early January if I go to India on an e-visa so what will happen to my OCI if no one is at home is it returned to BLS? and I collect it from there when I come back probably after 3-4 months. Or I can change the dropoff address to my friend's address so that he can receive it.

@eas2lv @abbas.pasha or anyone else??
I don't know specifically for passports but Purolator has an option to redirect deliveries to a different address once you have the tracking number. They also have a hold option usually and I have used it for a different delivery. In this case, the local Purolator location holds the delivery up to 5 days. I'm in a similar situation and I plan to re-direct the delivery to my neighbor. The backup would be that my neighbour can take the missed delivery notice and pick it up from purolator within 5 days.
P.S. Yes, I do have a really good neighbour who is also a very good friend :)

Sammzk

Aug 10, 2023
@forw.jane for the ottawa tracker - OCI Received in hand - 1st December 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment13-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Numberxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn21-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-NOV-2023
Document received AtOTTAWAOn28-NOV-2023

Reactions: forw.jane

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I see two different checklists on BLS website. One does not mention marriage certificate/spouse passport copy, whereas the other one asks for it even for Type A application. Can someone please list the documents I need to submit for OCI app? Planning to have BLS pick it up. Here is what I have compiled so far: (1) copy of renounced Indian passport, (2) copy of Canadian passport, (3) citizenship certificate, (4) address proof (license or photo card), (5) surrender certificate, (6) professional details/job letter, (7) printout of the online form, (8) fees, (9) one photograph. I will self-attest all the documents. I hope originals are not required to be sent in case of postal app.

I also have another question. The PDF generated (of the online form) already has my photo and signature image. Am I still supposed to paste a physical copy of photo on top of the photo that comes printed on the form? What about the signature? I did not face this issue for surrender certificate app, so I am really confused.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I see two different checklists on BLS website. One does not mention marriage certificate/spouse passport copy, whereas the other one asks for it even for Type A application. Can someone please list the documents I need to submit for OCI app? Planning to have BLS pick it up. Here is what I have compiled so far: (1) copy of renounced Indian passport, (2) copy of Canadian passport, (3) citizenship certificate, (4) address proof (license or photo card), (5) surrender certificate, (6) professional details/job letter, (7) printout of the online form, (8) fees, (9) one photograph. I will self-attest all the documents. I hope originals are not required to be sent in case of postal app.

I also have another question. The PDF generated (of the online form) already has my photo and signature image. Am I still supposed to paste a physical copy of photo on top of the photo that comes printed on the form? What about the signature? I did not face this issue for surrender certificate app, so I am really confused.
OCI application is totally different.. (kahani main har mod par twist)

Don't send any originals
Include the marriage certificate. Marriage certificate is not required if the spouses names are on each other's Indian passports.
Even though you are applying for yourself, do include Spouse's passport (IND & CAN) and Certification (SC and Citizenship) as well. Rest of the documents as mentioned in your post above are fine...

Don't give BLS an opportunity to find faults and return your application

physical copy of photo is required. Signature uploaded is fine

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
@forw.jane for the ottawa tracker - OCI Received in hand - 1st December 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment13-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Numberxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn21-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-NOV-2023
Document received AtOTTAWAOn28-NOV-2023
Congrats @Sammzk. Ottawa seeing better processing time after e-visa started again. From peak of 10 weeks came down to 7 weeks now.

@RITUPAL @tetalks - Any update about your OCI?