+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

harith123

Dec 3, 2023
hey guys i have a question, i applied for conversion of pio to oci on 31st october by walkin bls brampton, i check the status on the bls website and it says “processing at consulate general” and on oci status inquiry it says no record found, i am tensed whether i would get it before my booked flight to india on jan 11th. shall i go for the e visa as a backup? shall i apply the normal entry visa? if yes for the e visa, whats the processing time for it . will i get it before jan 11th if i apply for e visa now? is there any other way? any leads would be appreciated, thank you

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
hey guys i have a question, i applied for conversion of pio to oci on 31st october by walkin bls brampton, i check the status on the bls website and it says “processing at consulate general” and on oci status inquiry it says no record found, i am tensed whether i would get it before my booked flight to india on jan 11th. shall i go for the e visa as a backup? shall i apply the normal entry visa? if yes for the e visa, whats the processing time for it . will i get it before jan 11th if i apply for e visa now? is there any other way? any leads would be appreciated, thank you
We don't have any recent data on this so hard to say. Last time I did this was in 2019 (spousal pio to oci) and it took only three days after reaching the consulate. There is no security clearance waiting period for this, but the long time it takes these days for oci applications to get registered (ack) could affect this one too.

My guess would be that you may get ack this week and from then the process would be fast unlike fresh oci. Like a couple of days. Assuming the pio was issued in Canada.

I would suggest to email the consulate and ask when to expect it. No use asking BLS as they will say some bs which has no value.
If you get a response from cgi please share here.

Reactions: harith123

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Date Of Acknowledgment 09-NOV-2023
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 30-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At TORONTO On

Reactions: eas2lv

Can2Indtrip

Nov 2, 2023
Hi all
OCI timeline for minor
Application date 12 Oct
Ack date on OCI website 3 Nov
Processed on OCI website 28 Nov
Document received at bls Toronto Nov 29
Shipment picked by purolator Nov 30
Dec 1 out for delivery
Hopefully will receive by the EOD.
Thank you everyone who answered my queries and thank you @eas2lv you can update it on tracker also.
Hi ,

Did bls website update you with puralator tracking number on Nov 30 ? How did you find that it’s been shipped ..

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
What does "underprocess" mean, on the BLS tracker?
My application reached them on 11/27, and I received an acknowledgement on 11/29.
Today the tracking status changed to the above.

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi, this is the question to all experts, I applied for my OCI walk-in on 31st October and haven't received acknowledgement yet probably receive it on the 4th or 5th of December, I am planning to go to India. It looks like I will receive OCI at the end of the month or in early January if I go to India on an e-visa so what will happen to my OCI if no one is at home is it returned to BLS? and I collect it from there when I come back probably after 3-4 months. Or I can change the dropoff address to my friend's address so that he can receive it.

@eas2lv @abbas.pasha or anyone else??

Koki Sbrar

Jul 4, 2023
you only need name change certificate and nothing else.
I used my drivers license for address proof and it have my new name (first and last)
affidavit only required if you are adding or deleting a word or letter from your name
Thank you @gurkiratsingh .... It is always so helpful when someone like you who has already gone through a similar situation guides other people in topsy turvy !! ...BTW did you apply in person or postal application for SC as well OCI ?

harith123

Dec 3, 2023
Hi, this is the question to all experts, I applied for my OCI walk-in on 31st October and haven't received acknowledgement yet probably receive it on the 4th or 5th of December, I am planning to go to India. It looks like I will receive OCI at the end of the month or in early January if I go to India on an e-visa so what will happen to my OCI if no one is at home is it returned to BLS? and I collect it from there when I come back probably after 3-4 months. Or I can change the dropoff address to my friend's address so that he can receive it.

@eas2lv @abbas.pasha or anyone else??
i applied on the same date as yours and i am also planning to apply for evisa as i already booked a flight on jan 11, i too have the same doubt of yours, would appreciate if we both keep update on the timeline of process and would also appreciate if you give me some light on how e visa works and whats the processing time for that. thanks!

pnitin2

Jul 8, 2021
Hello,

did anyone visit India on evisa while OCI is still under process? Also, can I apply for evisa while OCI is still under process?

thank you