+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I have ticket booked for dec 24. After multiple emails got a reply from cgi saying bls will send my originals after application is registered. Got e visa already. There is an option called inaccessible passport for canadian passport please check that if incase you are not able to get your passport before travel.
A friend of mine was also stuck for original sent to cgi. He went to cgi and they returned the originals.
I was told people at CGI are much more helpful than bls.
It might take good part of your day since they will take out your file from a massive pile to return the passport.
In case of minors they need both parents present

all the best.

Reactions: ravs0727

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Resubmitted my application with correct details on the application form on Monday postal.

Postal pickup: 27th Nov
Delivered: 28th Nov
BLS Email (Application received): 30th Nov (BLS Site application date: 30th Nov)
Ack: TBD
Processed: TBD
Dispatch: TBD
Received in had: TBD

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
Resubmitted my application with correct details on the application form on Monday postal.

Postal pickup: 27th Nov
Delivered: 28th Nov
BLS Email (Application received): 30th Nov (BLS Site application date: 30th Nov)
Ack: TBD
Processed: TBD
Dispatch: TBD
Received in had: TBD
Same timeline for Postal Pickup, and delivery. I received the BLS auto email on Nov 29.

BLS site now shows the processing timeline as 4-5 weeks. Is it true?

All the best!

ROHIT_PATIL

Jul 1, 2017
Ottawa - Walk in application 17th Oct

OCI status:
Acknowledgement - 19th Oct
Processed - 23rd Nov
Dispatched - 24th Nov
Received at Ottawa - 30th Nov

BLS Status:
Processing at High Commission

gurkiratsingh

Jun 7, 2017
@gurkiratsingh .... thank you for your response.

just confirming ... So you did not make any self declaration or notarized affidavit for your surrender and OCI application ?.
did only attaching the self attested photo copy of the legal name change certificate work for you for both applications ?. Thank you again !!
you only need name change certificate and nothing else.
I used my drivers license for address proof and it have my new name (first and last)
affidavit only required if you are adding or deleting a word or letter from your name

Reactions: Koki Sbrar