Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
yes it is postal application at Toronto. so here when they say "under processing" is that BLS that is processing? does that mean there is still a chance that BLS can send it back showing some errors etc ?thanks for answering
When it shows in transit to CGI or processing at CGI you'll know BLS has laccepted your application and sent it to CGI for processing. Check the application date on BLS status at that point and expect Ack (that is start to show up on OCI status site) a month from then. Follow timelines here for trans after reaching the consulate: OCI Tracker - Toronto

Reactions: tri-junction

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
My application status on BLS shows "processing at CGI" but when i check the OCI tracker website, it says "no such record found". Does it take time for the OCI website to update their status? Keeping in mind that the BLS site showed this status change only today.
Depends on location. About a month for CGI Toronto, a couple of days to a week or so for other jurisdictions for it to show up on the OCi site (i.e receive Acknowledgement date)

Last edited:
Reactions: iyerkartik

puneetv1988

Nov 26, 2023
I am trying to schedule Pickup and Drop from BLS website. The website is asking Drop off Address 2 times (one for originals) and hence the total payable is coming is 90 dollars. Since we are just sending attested copies of documents why they are charging us 2 times ? Is it normal ??

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I am trying to schedule Pickup and Drop from BLS website. The website is asking Drop off Address 2 times (one for originals) and hence the total payable is coming is 90 dollars. Since we are just sending attested copies of documents why they are charging us 2 times ? Is it normal ??
It is because they will be sending you the original OCI card.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I think you can call BLS and arrange for pickup/drop-off service that involves only two courier fees -- one for pickup and one for OCI drop-off.

Reactions: puneetv1988

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
But they are charging 2 times for drop off. Below is the info they are seeking if I select OCI from dropdown.

Pick up Address
Drop Off Address
Drop Off Original Address
I would do what @eas2lv suggested. Call them and they can do it for you for cheaper if it's possible. They will send you a link where you can pay and then get the shipping label on your email address. It's pretty smooth and they won't make you wait on the call.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Just because they can manipulate you, they do!
I was caught in these antics and they are holding my passport. They are restricting my right to travel. Now when I ask, they say I should not have sent originals only the attested copies.
I asked about the courier fees, they said if I would have called I could get the link for only 2 courier (1 pick up, 1 drop off).

Just call them and get the link.

Reactions: puneetv1988

Dv.harsh

Mar 28, 2017
Application date - Oct 26
Postal application

acknowledgment date - Nov 29,2023

question-
I had submitted my original canadian passport along with the application .
I am planning to go to CGi toronto and request them to give me my original passport .
Will it work?
I have ticket booked for Dec 8.

v_nash

Nov 28, 2023
Thank you everyone on this forum for sharing your updates. Since I've found this discussion immensely useful, especially to help understand that the recent delays have been applicable to most applicants, I would like to share my key updates here hoping to pass on the kindness.

• Walk-in OCI application for Toronto jurisdiction submitted at BLS center on Nov 4, 2023.
• Status changed from "under process" to "processing at Consulate General" on Nov 7 on the BLS tracker.
• Still awaiting CGI acknowledgment (will update the thread as and when new updates are received).

@eas2lv , please feel free update the spreadsheet/tracker as you see fit.

Question: During my walk-in submission at BLS, they had made me retake the photograph mentioning "shoulder not visible in the original photo" as the reason (withholding myself from going on a rant about BLS money-looting tactics). However, I was not given a copy of the new photo to scan and replace my original upload on the OCI portal. BLS kept both the copies they had printed as part of the submission. Has anyone else experienced this and will this cause any issues with my application? Even if CGI requests me to replace the uploaded photo at any point, I do not have a copy of the photo BLS had clicked and submitted physically with the application.