+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nupur91

Nov 27, 2023
Hi there,

Applying for the surrender certificate.
The photo area on the printed form is less than 2x2 and the photo is covering up the signature area.
Did anyone face this problem?

R A J 1369

Apr 8, 2014
Thank you! I tried it ealier as well but it say No record found. I used my Canadian Passport and Indian Passport as well but no luck. Here are my timelines

Application sent- 10/24
Application received at BLS- 10/25
Confirmation sent- 10/30
Processing at Consulate- 11/07 (BLS tracking status)

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thanks again!

Reactions: Jyoti071

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Below is the status on BLS now. Does this mean that the OCI has reached BLS from consulate and is ready to be couriered to me?

Application Status(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you! I tried it ealier as well but it say No record found. I used my Canadian Passport and Indian Passport as well but no luck. Here are my timelines

Application sent- 10/24
Application received at BLS- 10/25
Confirmation sent- 10/30
Processing at Consulate- 11/07 (BLS tracking status)

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thanks again!
Maybe it is taking longer to show up on the OCI site.

You have to use your Canada passport number and the application number that is on the form that you submit to check the status on OCI site.

Reactions: R A J 1369

ravs0727

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
If walk-in, they will check it to verify the copy and give it back to you on the spot. If postal, do not submit any originals, only self-attested copies.
I am confused, as BLS agent told me on phone today that only in Vancouver jurisdiction they accept self-attested copies, otherwise originals have to be submitted. Did you submit self-attested copies in Ottawa or Toronto jurisdiction?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I am confused, as BLS agent told me on phone today that only in Vancouver jurisdiction they accept self-attested copies, otherwise originals have to be submitted. Did you submit self-attested copies in Ottawa or Toronto jurisdiction?
Personally I did not use the postal option for OCI, but several people here reported successful applications without sending originals for both Toronto and Ottawa. What BLS agents say often has little truth in it.
Folks who applied here by post may chime in with their experience.

Reactions: ravs0727

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
I submitted today by post, with only self attested copies. BLS agent told me no originals. (Toronto)

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
If you call up BLS 3 times, you will get 3 different answers

Canda2023

Jun 15, 2023
Applied for OCI on 23 Nov, 2023 in-person at BLS Brampton.
When can I expect to receive acknowledgement?
Does any know the latest application date that had received the acknowledgment in Toronto jurisdiction?

KTinCan90

Nov 13, 2023
Picked up my son's OCI on Friday from BLS Brampton. Here comes my rant :

The pick up process for minors is extremely horrible, they needed both parents to be present just to sign on their so called BLS registers.
I went alone to pickup on thursday after confirming by call to BLS that one parent is enough to pick up for minors, but they refused to give me the OCI.
When asked what to do with my 3 month old son, their reply was "Your son doesnt have to come but mother has to come for pick up" . Not everyone can arrange to have their kids taken care off while picking up documents.
I asked why mother is not needed when applying and they have stickers asking not bring infants on their walls due to harsh weather but need both parents for pick up, their reply was "That is the policy, BLS policy", its not a directive from the consulate, its BLS policy.
I saw a couple bring their 4-5 month old kid on Friday for pickup making them wait in the cold for more than what was needed, absolutely little consideration for kids.
All in all, its money that those VERY CONSIDERATE PEOPLE want, they want the pickup experience to be as bad as possible so people will opt for delivery by post which cost I think $70 even if you live 5-7kms from BLS office which doesnt make sense.
If you opt for pickup they dont need both parents signature( oh the irony in that).

So people picking up passport/OCI for minors, please be prepared.

• Angry
Reactions: fallcolours