+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Immubhai

Jan 6, 2012
My OCI application reached BLS Bramton on 16 Oct and is in Consulate for Processing since Oct 25. Its not ack on OCI website. I think it will be next week. Consulate is really slow. But after this things will speed up as not many will be in rush to apply for entry visa and OCI.
I think we are almost in same boat...My postal app reached BLS Brampton Oct 19, and in Processing at Consulate since Oct 26 (Application date as per BLS site). So, hopefully next week it would change the status. From then it might take another 3wks?

Reactions: Ninisha

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I know the Vancouver spreadsheet might not be the whole picture of applicants but it seems like the Oct 5-7 folks are processed now. So maybe the oct11+ folks should be getting some news next week?

Reactions: Desikatta

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
I know the Vancouver spreadsheet might not be the whole picture of applicants but it seems like the Oct 5-7 folks are processed now. So maybe the oct11+ folks should be getting some news next week?
Hello, could you please share the link for the Vancouver spreadsheet?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Can anyone tell me rationale behind uploading all documents online and then still submitting photocopies of all at BLS to send to consulate?

If uploading online then why do they need physical copies?
If submitted physical copies then why do they need us to upload them?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me rationale behind uploading all documents online and then still submitting photocopies of all at BLS to send to consulate?

If uploading online then why do they need physical copies?
If submitted physical copies then why do they need us to upload them?
Don't ask things which will question the existence of BLS and Consulate :D

YYC_OCT

Nov 13, 2023
Just wanted to update. Application at BLS Calgary Oct 6th, ACK of Oct 11th, Vancouver Jurisdiction, renewal after 20 years of age. Status changed to Processed Nov 25th. Thanks all for your help in tracking things, it definitely eased my worries. Now the wait begins to receive the OCI in hand from purolator in the next few days. Cheers!

Yashika1313

Dec 15, 2018
Hi, I hope I can get some help here, didn't get any response anywhere else.
I applied for OCI on Oct 3rd at Vancouver BLS
Date of ack Oct 12th
Status change to “Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping” November 10th.
No update after this, i have already extended my tickets once. What does this update mean?
also, i have not sent my originals in the postal application to them since the checklist said dont send original passport.
Should i apply for E-Visa?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi, I hope I can get some help here, didn't get any response anywhere else.
I applied for OCI on Oct 3rd at Vancouver BLS
Date of ack Oct 12th
Status change to “Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping” November 10th.
No update after this, i have already extended my tickets once. What does this update mean?
also, i have not sent my originals in the postal application to them since the checklist said dont send original passport.
Should i apply for E-Visa?
You must escalate this to BLS. Most likely they have misplaced your documents including OCI. It doesn't take two weeks after "Counter delivery" to be ready for dispatch or collection --- only one day in Toronto and may be a couple of days in Vancouver.