+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Pulkit.H

Apr 25, 2019
Brampton BLS: walk-in submission on Oct 11. Acknowledgement on Nov 01.
Processed/Despatched from MEA/Received at Toronto on Nov 24(IST)

Please update the tracker. Thanks!

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Application Status
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

This on the BLS tracking website the above update. Does this mean next is ready for dispatch? I went to their center today and they said not available for pick up their system says processing at consulate but when I return home at 545 pm I see the above status...

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
When do we see first update on BLS tracking website. My postal application reached them on the 14th Nov, no update available still

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application:
  • If the GOI application says a certain field is optional (like emergency contact number) and you choose not to fill in anything in that field, BLS may say that the field is not optional and you need to pay $40 or $60 of whatever to correct it on the spot or go back.

Excuses to make you re-do the photo:
  • Enough shoulders not visible in the photo (even though my photo had same amount of shoulders as in the example photo on the checklist).
    • In the next round - they rejected the photo that they themselves took and accepted the photo that they had rejected in the prior visit :D
Agree. I had also faced similar issues.

Application optional fields - Passport details of spouse are optional & they had even accepted my wife's application last year. However when I applied in October they charged $60 to add that information. We were both born in India so applied as self category.

Photo - They rejected my son's photo claiming that color of shirt is not dark enough. It was darker shade of brown. However they were going to click with much lighter color t-shirt. I asked him to wear dark color jacket at the last moment.

Reactions: desmat

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Not sure if you can send that to BLS North American head, as he has been appearing in videos recently like on Prime Asia clarifying that long lines are rumors and dont go to any agent as they are there to help anyone etc.etc., so may be he is also not aware of all that bs reasons being used by his people to charge extra money and making it like a govt office in Indiia.. he seems to be nice guy in video
Why wouldn't he know? There is every reason to suspect that employees at BLS are doing this at the behest (and likely coerced) by their upper management. Every application re-filled using their value added services brings in $$. Its hard to think even the most sadistic employee would enjoy refilling 70 to 80% of applications for manufactured "mistakes", working non-stop from 8 am to 4:30pm for a low pay --- which is all what at least 3 "VAC" counters at Toronto office do these days. I believe fleecing applicants through predatory practices is the business MO of BLS management.

Every single application I have submitted at BLS counters in last 10+ years have been accepted only because me forcing them (standing one's ground as you say) and ignoring their final threat that this will be rejected by CGI punctuated by "no refund"! Nothing has ever been rejected by CGI in my case.

That said, this is not going to change until HCI stops accepting unreasonably low bids by agencies like BLS tailored to force out competition. The actual revenue strategy being fleecing gullible applicants, fees matter little to them. $7 to $9 of service fee per application is too low to be sustainable for any honest operation.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Why wouldn't he know? There is every reason to suspect that employees at BLS are doing this at the behest (and likely coerced) by their upper management. Every application re-filled using their value added services brings in $$. Its hard to think even the most sadistic employee would enjoy refilling 70 to 80% of applications for manufactured "mistakes", working non-stop from 8 am to 4:30pm for a low pay --- which is all what at least 3 "VAC" counters at Toronto office do these days. I believe fleecing applicants through predatory practices is the business MO of BLS management.

Every single application I have submitted at BLS counters in last 10+ years have been accepted only because me forcing them (standing one's ground as you say) and ignoring their final threat that this will be rejected by CGI punctuated by "no refund"! Nothing has ever been rejected by CGI in my case.

That said, this is not going to change until HCI stops accepting unreasonably low bids by agencies like BLS tailored to force out competition. The actual revenue strategy being fleecing gullible applicants, fees matter little to them. $7 to $9 of service fee per application is too low to be sustainable for any honest operation.
Same 2 Same...
I have submitted at BLS counters in last 6+ yrs here in Canada and in 13+ yrs in Dubai, have been accepted only because me forcing them (standing one's ground as you say) and ignoring their final threat that this will be rejected by CGI punctuated by "no refund"! Nothing has ever been rejected by CGI in my case.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016

The tricky situation is when applying via post - they sent my documents back with a strange explanation. You have no choice to pay $62 again. Once I have my OCI, I will not have to deal with these folks. Better to outsource to VFS type organization

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
The tricky situation is when applying via post - they sent my documents back with a strange explanation. You have no choice to pay $62 again. Once I have my OCI, I will not have to deal with these folks. Better to outsource to VFS type organization
We used to have VFS before BLS (pre 2013). Marginally better, but hard to compare now, as business practices in the sector have probably changed over the years.

In retrospect, better times were when everything was done directly by the consulate. They are bureaucratic, but consul officers were approachable and helpful, counter staff did not pick on minor errors, major ones could be corrected on the spot etc. But, with processing gone digital, many things have changed. Some good, some bad. Anyway, good old days are not going to come back.

I would be happy with something like Service Ontario offices -- some of them are outsourced and they are not perfect, but I've never seen a licensing office or health card renewal place that is run like BLS.

Last edited:

rpatel1290

Sep 11, 2023
Hello,
I have applied OCI ( walk- in Toronto) and expecting to get it on hand by Mid December as per tracker, but i might need to go to India by November end so no one will be available at home to receive oci from purolator at home .
In this case purolator send back to BLS and BLS will hold there until i will pick up from BLS location?
Or Can purolator deliver to my relative's address?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I have applied OCI ( walk- in Toronto) and expecting to get it on hand by Mid December as per tracker, but i might need to go to India by November end so no one will be available at home to receive oci from purolator at home .
In this case purolator send back to BLS and BLS will hold there until i will pick up from BLS location?
Or Can purolator deliver to my relative's address?
BLS will hold it. Authorization letter would be a way for your relative to collect from BLS.

Reactions: rpatel1290

Yashuo

Oct 9, 2023
Hi - posting our timeline for the individual(s) who keeps the timelines database/tracker updated for Toronto [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSw0K_bUGvWjN0uF4Ecqzi8UPVDQwjHCwQHMgkuUpBRcJo-CQa9IUYjY4DGqdQ6zmC3bP0D__lImeKb/pubhtml] - thanks for your generosity in doing this!

Jurisdiction: Toronto
BLS Center: Brampton
App type: postal/courier for a single adult, Indian origin

App Date: October 11 (as recorded in BLS tracking site, app was couriered ~3-5 business days earlier)
Ack Date: Nov 1st
Processed Date: Nov 23d (per GOI portal)
Dispatched from Delhi: Nov 24th

We have not received the actual booklet yet, but should within the next 4-5 bus days as Purolator will deliver it.

Best of luck to all those waiting. The system seems to be efficient/consistent for most, as the total wait times are bound in a fairly narrow range of ~40-45 days, at least in recent months.

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi - posting our timeline for the individual(s) who keeps the timelines database/tracker updated for Toronto [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSw0K_bUGvWjN0uF4Ecqzi8UPVDQwjHCwQHMgkuUpBRcJo-CQa9IUYjY4DGqdQ6zmC3bP0D__lImeKb/pubhtml] - thanks for your generosity in doing this!

Jurisdiction: Toronto
BLS Center: Brampton
App type: postal/courier for a single adult, Indian origin

App Date: October 11 (as recorded in BLS tracking site, app was couriered ~3-5 business days earlier)
Ack Date: Nov 1st
Processed Date: Nov 23d (per GOI portal)
Dispatched from Delhi: Nov 24th

We have not received the actual booklet yet, but should within the next 4-5 bus days as Purolator will deliver it.

Best of luck to all those waiting. The system seems to be efficient/consistent for most, as the total wait times are bound in a fairly narrow range of ~40-45 days, at least in recent months.
Thanks for sharing the dates. Expect delivery on Nov 28th.