OCI process

vizhuthombal

Oct 20, 2023
OCI Application - 1 Adult

Submitted by post: October 27
Arrived in BLS Facility per Purolator: October 30
Acknowledged by BLS: November 03
Current Status: Returned

My journey was bit strange. Upon sending, there was no movement for a week. That turned into 8 business days. I began calling BLS; usually the IVR would just tell me it was going to hang up...eventually, on Nov 16 literally 5 minutes to closing got a human on the line who said they will escalate as it is 2x their SLA, and said I would get an update in 48 hours. As it happened, still had an in-person appointment and couldn't cancel on the website so went the next day and spoke in person to a counter staff. They spoke to their manager who said firstly that the processing time for postal is now 10 days (unlike what the call centre agent said), and that my only option would be to cancel the postal application which contained my bank draft so I declined. Continued checking the website and got a new status of Returned on Nov 20 as my signature apparently did not satisfy the requirement (though it had been accepted by uploader...)

Anyone who's gone through this, could you advise is it best to take appointment, do postal, or do walk-in? My travel date is Jan 31 so maybe I have time but concerned that it will take another 10 business days or more for BLS to even look at the application if I resend by postal. Based on last experience, not sure if taking appointment will confuse further, and not clear whether walk-in means I can just drop the completed application with security and go or I must wait in line.

Also wondering at this poing if it is better to settle for e-visa

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
E-visa approved for my spouse and child. Applied yesterday at 7 pm EST. Approved few mins ago. Didn't receive approval email for spouse but it was approved on the official website. I could download the e-visa for both.

Reactions: steveD

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Guys and girls, don't line up in cold, apply for e-visa and don't take the stress of OCI getting approved on time. Apply for OCI when there are no lineups.

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
E-visa approved for my spouse and child. Applied yesterday at 7 pm EST. Approved few mins ago. Didn't receive approval email for spouse but it was approved on the official website. I could download the e-visa for both.
My e-VIsa is also Granted on website, no official email though.

Reactions: krishere1982

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Question for e visa: do I do the same thing as oci, if no first name in Canadian passport
Last name: sample
First name: xxx