+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Why Vancouver is so slow with the OCI processing? Almost takes a couple of months.
Only they know what is going on. Maybe they are short staffed for the high volume of applications they are seeing recently.

I am still on the wall about applying for E-visa or should I wait for my OCI.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Interestingly..... I see a new update now
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn23-NOV-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn23-NOV-2023
That completes the process at the consulate. Now follow updates on BLS site. You can expect an update tomorrow late evening and ready for dispatch on Friday.

Reactions: csvinayak

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Only they know what is going on. Maybe they are short staffed for the high volume of applications they are seeing recently.

I am still on the wall about applying for E-visa or should I wait for my OCI.
Hard to say, but considering the recent slow rate of progress in Vancouver, your 11th Oct Ack could take as long as end of this month. When is your travel date? As eVisa is easy and pretty quick, you can wait and reconsider closer to travel.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
There are no emails sent out from OCI site. Post here what exactly does the OCI status site show -- it cannot be ready for dispatch. Should be Document printing status and Dispacthed from MEA, received at ... dates. Check here: OCI status site

Are you referring to BLS status site?
Over here. Its Under Process. Most likely the originals are being returned. I was baffled for a second.

Reactions: eas2lv

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hard to say, but considering the recent slow rate of progress in Vancouver, your 11th Oct Ack could take as long as end of this month. When is your travel date? As eVisa is easy and pretty quick, you can wait and reconsider closer to travel.
Looking at the recent most trend, it seems my OCI will only be processed around mid of December?

I have not booked tickets yet. But have to start looking for them as the trip is very much overdue. I don't feel confident booking tickets until I atleast see my OCI processed.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Looking at the recent most trend, it seems my OCI will only be processed around mid of December?

I have not booked tickets yet. But have to start looking for them as the trip is very much overdue. I don't feel confident booking tickets until I atleast see my OCI processed.
Something like that is my feeling too --- may be a bit earlier than mid Dec but better to be a bit conservative in these estimates. If you are going to book sometime beyond Jan 2024, better wait for OCI. Availability and prices will be much better from Feb onwards as well.

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
can you pls confirm url , I am still getting msg "India has suspended visa services (evisa) for Canadian nationals, please contact neares "
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

Canada has been included in the list of countries now - the left top button in the above page.

I was able to start the e-visa application and was able to save a few pages of it earlier today too.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Guys tell me one thing..

How does it work with evisa without surrendering indian passport?

Let's assume you get it without surrender, then you will travel using your Canadian passport and e-visa stamp/paper to India..
But then when you return from India and you goto emigration counter at airport in india, would they not query you about your Indian passport if you shoe only Canadian passport??

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Guys tell me one thing..

How does it work with evisa without surrendering indian passport?

Let's assume you get it without surrender, then you will travel using your Canadian passport and e-visa stamp/paper to India..
But then when you return from India and you goto emigration counter at airport in india, would they not query you about your Indian passport if you shoe only Canadian passport??
No. As long as you do not use Indian passport for travel after acquiring another citizenship you are not violating any immigration laws. You will not be even carrying your Indian passport -- why would you?