+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Rekdme

Jan 10, 2020
Ottawa processing time have been between 8 - 10 weeks till date. So if you get it within 7-8 days it would be really fast processing.
thanks for your response, @forw.jane . The question is whether an update that doesn’t specify the date on which document was dispatched from MEA and received at Ottawa (both dates being empty) - is this what people have mentioned as the processed date in the spreadsheet? Thanks!

Dhillon.Upkar

Nov 13, 2023
Hi There,

I walked into the BLS Vancouver on October 3rd for the OCI application.
Date of Acknowledgement: October 5th,
Status: Under Process (@ OCI official website) & Processing at General Consulate @Bls website)

It has been 6 weeks already, no Idea how long it will take.
I think we still gotta wait for a couple more weeks.

Reactions: pradeep86

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
thanks for your response, @forw.jane . The question is whether an update that doesn’t specify the date on which document was dispatched from MEA and received at Ottawa (both dates being empty) - is this what people have mentioned as the processed date in the spreadsheet? Thanks!
Mostly it happens in a day or two but @anksyahoo experienced a very slow update for "Received at Ottawa"

Reactions: Rekdme

Rekdme

Jan 10, 2020
Mostly it happens in a day or two but @anksyahoo experienced a very slow update for "Received at Ottawa"
Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that! That means the column labeled “OCI received date” is when the document was received in Ottawa and not delivered to the person. I was so mistaken lol.

Can I travel with just the OCI number (this is for a minor) in case my entry visa doesn’t arrive in time either?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that! That means the column labeled “OCI received date” is when the document was received in Ottawa and not delivered to the person. I was so mistaken lol.

Can I travel with just the OCI number (this is for a minor) in case my entry visa doesn’t arrive in time either?
No you cannot as OCI booklet is just like a passport. Its like travelling to another country with your passport number.

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
Hello, I do not think my Oci will come in time. Luckily we got entry visa. Anyone know where we can collect the oci from as we will miss the attempted deliveries from Purulator (since we will already me in india on our month long vacation)

Dhillon.Upkar

Nov 13, 2023
Hello

Can please someone reply my above question ? I started to get worried now.
Same here bhaji. M worried too, I have got so many things relying on this OCI.
Any Vancouver applicants with acknowledgement date : Oct 5 and later got their applications processed?
Same Status:

Application acknowledged on October 5th, applied via Vancouver BLS
OCI: Under Process
BLS: Processing at General Consulate

• Sad
Reactions: krishere1982

Preeti1997

Oct 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I have sent my application thru Purolator on 17th October. BLS has received on 23rd Oct. I track my application on bls website it says Application received on 30th October 2023 and Processing at General Consulate. When can i expect OCI card to be delivered at my Home?

Preeti1997

Oct 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I have sent my application thru Purolator on 17th October. BLS has received on 23rd Oct. I track my application on bls website it says Application received on 30th October 2023 and Processing at General Consulate. When can i expect OCI card to be delivered at my Home?
It is for my son not for me