+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

indian5911

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi All,
I have 2 questions.

1. do I need to submit originals with postal applications.
2. what should be pickup, drop off and drop off originals address while booking for purolator on BLS site.

Thanks for your help.

bigdaddy2412

Jan 11, 2015
Hi Guys
I have a query. I have applied for OCI of two kids. Me and my wife already have it. The BLS application date is 4 OCT but the OCI acknowledgement date on the OCI website is 23rd OCT. I have my flight tickets booked for 13 Nov. Do you think I will get OCI before that? I have already changed my flights once.

This Visa Ban is making life hell for us. Please let me know thank you.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Guys
I have a query. I have applied for OCI of two kids. Me and my wife already have it. The BLS application date is 4 OCT but the OCI acknowledgement date on the OCI website is 23rd OCT. I have my flight tickets booked for 13 Nov. Do you think I will get OCI before that? I have already changed my flights once.

Unfortunately you wont have by Nov 13 as the mandatory wait of 20 days will complete on Nov 12th.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Guys

Nov 13th is too early for OCI -- by current timelines your OCI may get processed on 13th and need a couple of days at least to get in hand. Even entry visa (new application today) is too a close call for that date though not impossible.

--
OCI Tracker - Toronto

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Guys

Like @niswe and @eas2lv said, I have the same doubt as well.
You should factor in 30 days from date of acknowledgement on the OCI website to receive the OCI in hand.
Factor in additional an additional week or two in case your processing office is Vancouver and Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: eas2lv

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Applied for entry visa for myself and wife at BLS-Ottawa today. They told OCI and entry visa can not be submitted in parallel so i submitted only entry visa.
If you reach before 6 am you will probably be with in first 10-15 on weekdays.

aakashp

Nov 3, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Below is the timeline of my OCI application

BLS Submission (Walk in): Sept 27
BlS Ack: Sept 27
OCI Ack: Oct 16
OCI Status : In progress
BLS Status : Processing at Consulate General

My flight is on Nov -13. I have a doubt if I will be able make it? Any thoughts?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

My flight is on Nov -13. I have a doubt if I will be able make it? Any thoughts?
You have some chance. See trends in link below.
-
OCI Tracker - Toronto

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I have the same acknowledgement date, so I will take a stab at it.

I think we will get the processed update on Nov 7. From there on, you will have to coordinate with BLS and pick up from them directly, even if you have paid the courier fees.

Reactions: eas2lv

cadftw2023

Nov 2, 2023

Nov 13th is too early for OCI -- by current timelines your OCI may get processed on 13th and need a couple of days at least to get in hand. Even entry visa (new application today) is too a close call for that date though not impossible.

--
OCI Tracker - Toronto
what's the turnaround for an entry visa - I'm close to BLS Brampton. I understand OCI is tracking around ~40 days