+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi everyone
My tracker on bls says passport dispatched with courier services but there is no tracking details so my question is that the tracking details should be available later or it will be delivered to my address and I called bls hoping that I can pick up from the office today but the agent said no you can’t pick it up because I have paid for the courier services so they have to deliver it

Rajatthaks

May 23, 2016
Sent my application via courier on 5th Oct to BLS Brampton. Recieved confirmation on 12th Oct. 18th Oct status changed to processing at Consulate General.
I had sent my originals also along with my postal application as I was not aware that it is no more required and I followed their website.

My question is what is the timeline to receive back the originals and for OCI. Is their a chance that bls will misplace with my originals as it is not required and still I have sent it.
I have my travel planned for end of December so will I be able to receive it by then?
Can someone please assist.

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Applying tomorrow morning and just noticed this in my application, is it okay if my previous nationality is left to NA?
I mean obviously my previous nationality is Indian and I don't hold any dual nationalities.

Was I supposed to select India here?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Applying tomorrow morning and just noticed this in my application, is it okay if my previous nationality is left to NA?
I mean obviously my previous nationality is Indian and I don't hold any dual nationalities.

Was I supposed to select India here?

No, refill a new form with correct info.

Reactions: trickshot555

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi folks,

Applied to BLS Brampton by postal on Oct5th
Bls Acknowledgement : Oct13th(processing at Consulate)
OCI Acknowledgement : No record found still.

I have tickets to India with Travel date of Dec12th, do you guys think I should receive OCI by travel dates ?

Thanks.
We have the same timeline. I am not travelling

honeyscorpius

Nov 2, 2023
I am still waiting on some movement on my minor kids OCI application. You guys have been such a positive hope. Timelines been really helpful. So thought to share mine as.well. But mine is still under process and my flight is on 15th Nov. seems like pretty tight.

Application sent by postal - 22 Sep,2023
Date Of Acknowledgment13-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionToronto
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTorontoOn

rushi07

Mar 18, 2018
Urgent help !!!!!
my wife application is being sent back stating mother name is not as per india passport but her name name is different in her indian passport family name and mother original passport. They have returned original docs. How can I submit the mother indian passport copy? Do i need to resumit the whole application again? Also can I go to bls on behalf of my wife? Or do I need her there?

please help

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Finally have OCI booklet in my hand!! :)

Complete timeline as follows:

BLS tracker:
  • Applied (in-person) in Toronto: 23rd September
  • In processing at Consulate General
  • Counter Delivery to BLS after OCI Stamping: 31st October
  • Passport ready for Dispatch after OCI stamping: 01st November
  • Comments updated with "OCI card dispatched via Purolator" and also contains Purolator tracking number: 01st November
OCI tracker:
  • No records found: till receiving acknowledgement
  • Acknowledgement: 06th October
  • Document Printing Processed: 30th October
  • Dispatched from MEA: 31st October
  • Received at Toronto: 31st October
Receipt of OCI booklet:
  • Received OCI booklet via Purolator: 02nd November
Lots of thanks in order:
Many thanks to @eas2lv for meticulously and diligently maintaining tracker for Toronto applications and providing very helpful and accurate advice to folks!! Tracker was truly my lifeline through this extremely anxious time.

And thanks to: @forw.jane for Ottawa tracker and helping everyone! And @abbas.pasha for keeping humour alive as well as helpful replies to folks. And @niswe as well.

And thanks to everyone who has banded together through these trying times! Wish you all the best! Noticed so many unique situations from bride-to-be to someone traveling for sister's wedding, to folks who lined up over multiple days to submit their application and to many more unique situations!

My story:
My initial in-person appointment was on 21st September in Brampton and it was rewardless. Thought I had filled everything correctly but the counter agent rejected my application stating couple of optional fields were missing :(

Later on, I was able to get another appointment for 26th September in Toronto. However, that would have been too late for my travel,

So, I went as a walk-in on the night of 22nd September to their Toronto location. Reached there at 2.30 am. Was second in line. Waited all night there. They opened at 8 am. First priority was for those with appointments. Then around 8.45 am or so, they let me in. After after some wait time inside, I was already out of there by around 9.30 am. Things went very smoothly this time and my application was accepted without any problems. And I did get my other reserved appointment canceled right after.

Meanwhile, I had a flight on 03rd November which I rescheduled few days ago due to uncertainty in timelines. And now traveling on 10th November.

Entire process took about 41 days since submission. So, many thanks to BLS and OCI department as well!

honeyscorpius

Nov 2, 2023
Urgent help !!!!!
my wife application is being sent back stating mother name is not as per india passport but her name name is different in her indian passport family name and mother original passport. They have returned original docs. How can I submit the mother indian passport copy? Do i need to resumit the whole application again? Also can I go to bls on behalf of my wife? Or do I need her there?

please help
Hi there,

You can attach affidavit for name verification and if you going to BLS..she will have to go as well

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone
My tracker on bls says passport dispatched with courier services but there is no tracking details so my question is that the tracking details should be available later or it will be delivered to my address and I called bls hoping that I can pick up from the office today but the agent said no you can’t pick it up because I have paid for the courier services so they have to deliver it
Try putting your OCI application number CANxxxx on the Purolator website