+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
Thank you. I can look into this. It does say 45 days for this visa as well but i think one can get it quicker. As a downside, can i ask for original passport back earlier?

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
Very tight timeline. Consider applying for entry visa.
OCI Tracker - Toronto
OCI status site | BLS status site
Thanks! I will try going and doing so this Saturday. Both me and my wife are india passport holders but i read that is OK here. I assumed a surrender certificate is a requirement for entry visa. Incase the passport is still stuck and we get OCI before, we can ask them to give us the passport back?

DPJ

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
Do not panic. They processed one Oct 5 application doesn't mean others are "skipped". Expect the usual average timeline (31 to 34 days) to continue.
fair enough, I think the fact we all expect it to go in order, sort of confused us. In all agreement with that timeline though, fingers crossed. I had to rebook my tickets once already earlier this year due to medical reasons, and cant do any more rebooking, so a bit nervous. Plus this time, its also a visit for my mom's health issues.

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thanks! I will try going and doing so this Saturday. Both me and my wife are india passport holders but i read that is OK here. I assumed a surrender certificate is a requirement for entry visa. Incase the passport is still stuck and we get OCI before, we can ask them to give us the passport back?
Surrender certificate is for those who have lost citizenship by acquiring another. Doesn't apply to you if you are an Indian citizen. You are still golden.
Yes, it should be possible to get the passport back with some notice in case of urgency.

Last edited:

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
Surrender certificate is for those who have lost citizenship by acquiring another. Doesn't apply to you. You are still golden.
Yes, it should be possible to get the passport back with some notice in case of urgency.
Awesome. Much appreciated on the quick responses here. I will do this soon.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Not actually going to do that cuz I can't risk getting blacklisted but it's definitely fair given payment for a service not rendered.
I think you will get the eVISA "one day" :D so its more like service delayed..

Reactions: zb134

Can2Indtrip

Nov 2, 2023
Hi folks,

Applied to BLS Brampton by postal on Oct5th
Bls Acknowledgement : Oct13th(processing at Consulate)
OCI Acknowledgement : No record found still.

I have tickets to India with Travel date of Dec12th, do you guys think I should receive OCI by travel dates ?

Thanks.

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
For Entry Visa - applied on Oct 30th it was processed and printed on Oct 31st and yesterday in transit from consulate to BLS so I am sincerely praying I get that today
What's the fee for e-visa you applied?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi folks,

I have tickets to India with Travel date of Dec12th, do you guys think I should receive OCI by travel dates ?

Thanks.
Likely to get OCI by Nov 30 if current trends continue. Wait for Ack for a better estimate. I would apply for entry visa in this case if travel on 12th is critical.

--
OCI Tracker - Toronto

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi folks,

Thanks.
I think probably yes but get the close estimate once you get acknowledgement

Can2Indtrip

Nov 2, 2023
Likely to get OCI by Nov 30 if current trends continue. Wait for Ack for a better estimate. I would apply for entry visa in this case if travel on 12th is critical.

--
OCI Tracker - Toronto
thank you for the prompt response, looks like OCI acknowledgment is taking longer now per recent trends. Hope its not spilled in to OCI process times since acknowledgement steps.