+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
And my honest feedback for BLS (this might sound very disrespectful and insulting - but if someone from BLS is reading this, my post is meant to be this way. If any BLS person feels insulted, the purpose of this post is fulfilled). No comments on the CGI as I never had any trouble with their part of the process.

I have travelled to multiple countries and applied for multiple visas over the last 10-12 years, but I never had to go through this level of pain. If I could define BLS' behavior in one word, I'll say "Harassment". The last 3 months dealing with BLS for the surrender of passport and OCI application were just insane. BLS tried its best to make money from the applicants and delay the process if the money was not paid upfront (trying to find errors in the application and the photographs - I have seen forms and photos getting rejected for reasons that a logical person will not be able to understand).

They will tell you there's an error in your form and will ask for $70 so they can fill your form in about 30 mins. If you say you can fill the form on your device and share it with them in less than 10 mins, they'll ask you to leave and take another appointment and repeat the whole "harassment" process). This is bloody insane and BLS should be ashamed - why are you reflecting a 4th world corrupt practice here in Canada?). And yes, you get a receipt for this saying you paid $70 for photo service (a service that you never availed).

If there's no way for them to find an error in the application, they will reject your photograph giving you stupid reasons. So, you gotto pay them more than triple the market price for a simple photograph. I read on one of the forums, they rejected the photograph and then took one at the BLS center. The photo that was printed on the OCI card was the photo that they had initially rejected. This actually left me speechless. They charged for a service which was never provided. I really hope the contract for filing and initial processing of the applications is given to another organization which is less corrupt and has more respect for people's time. If they want to continue their 4th world practices, they should find another country.

The only honest thing that I have heard from BLS is that BLS cannot help expedite the process. But yes, they can definitely delay the process by harassing you and asking you to come back on a later date to reapply in some cases (usually when you aren't paying them the fees which are not listed in the application process and requirements).

This was the most polite that I could get with my feedback for BLS and this feedback is not for the CGI or anyone helping us on this forum.
I can feel the pain but for me postal application process has been smooth they accepted all 3 of application the very first time. all info I needed got from there call centre and here with our mates. Only complain is speed up the postal application process they are taking atleast 4-5 additional business days just to open the application and make sure all documents are included after the delivery from purolator. Also only reason I had to apply the Entry visa is they delayed the process and that cost me extra $ in all the process getting canadian passport in urgency i.e 2 days $50 extra + 1 postal cost for entry visa and it's processing fees

Reactions: ghkn0002

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
And my honest feedback for BLS (this might sound very disrespectful and insulting - but if someone from BLS is reading this, my post is meant to be this way. If any BLS person feels insulted, the purpose of this post is fulfilled). No comments on the CGI as I never had any trouble with their part of the process.

I have travelled to multiple countries and applied for multiple visas over the last 10-12 years, but I never had to go through this level of pain. If I could define BLS' behavior in one word, I'll say "Harassment". The last 3 months dealing with BLS for the surrender of passport and OCI application were just insane. BLS tried its best to make money from the applicants and delay the process if the money was not paid upfront (trying to find errors in the application and the photographs - I have seen forms and photos getting rejected for reasons that a logical person will not be able to understand).

They will tell you there's an error in your form and will ask for $70 so they can fill your form in about 30 mins. If you say you can fill the form on your device and share it with them in less than 10 mins, they'll ask you to leave and take another appointment and repeat the whole "harassment" process). This is bloody insane and BLS should be ashamed - why are you reflecting a 4th world corrupt practice here in Canada?). And yes, you get a receipt for this saying you paid $70 for photo service (a service that you never availed).

If there's no way for them to find an error in the application, they will reject your photograph giving you stupid reasons. So, you gotto pay them more than triple the market price for a simple photograph. I read on one of the forums, they rejected the photograph and then took one at the BLS center. The photo that was printed on the OCI card was the photo that they had initially rejected. This actually left me speechless. They charged for a service which was never provided. I really hope the contract for filing and initial processing of the applications is given to another organization which is less corrupt and has more respect for people's time. If they want to continue their 4th world practices, they should find another country.

This was the most polite that I could get with my feedback for BLS and this feedback is not for the CGI or anyone helping us on this forum.
I have a lot to say about BLS too. Will need to discuss this on a separate channel, so I'll be brief here:
We could organize to write a letter to HCI/Consulates with realistic suggestions to improve BLS service. The underlying issue is low service fee which promotes predatory practices. Also, the way the GOI's servers lock applications so that they cannot be edited --- with very good intentions but unintended consequences. Both can be addressed to some extent.

Once this emergency passes, I think more people will be ready to speak up. Last time I visited BLS I watched the progress of about 15 applications and talk to the applicants: at least 10 or 12 applicants were redirected to value added services for flimsy reasons. People end up paying $$ to BLS, spend the whole day at their office and take on unnecessary stress.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

The only honest thing that I have heard from BLS is that BLS cannot help expedite the process. But yes, they can definitely delay the process by harassing you and asking you to come back on a later date to reapply in some cases (usually when you aren't paying them the fees which are not listed in the application process and requirements).

Ishiliye BLS Brampton ke saamne waale store ka naam hain RONA :D

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have a lot to say about BLS too. Will need to discuss this on a separate channel, so I'll be brief here:
We could organize to write a letter to HCI/Consulates with realistic suggestions to improve BLS service. The underlying issue is low service fee which promotes predatory practices. Also, the way the GOI's servers lock applications so that they cannot be edited --- with very good intentions but unintended consequences. Both can be addressed to some extent.

Once this emergency passes, I think more people will be ready to speak up. Last time I visited BLS I watched the progress of about 15 applications and talk to the applicants: at least 10 or 12 applicants were redirected to value added services for flimsy reasons. People end up paying $$ to BLS, spend the whole day at their office and take on unnecessary stress.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I really desperately hope that ,mine comes tommorrow
Not tomorrow, I want to see this happen today :) seriously... Every day lost foretells future delays, and some of us are in a tight spot.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone, here is my final timelines for OCI .
Application submitted : 22nd September 2023
Mission : Toronto (Brampton-walk-in)

Status BLS- 25th September “processing at consulate general”

OCI Tracker :
Under process until 4th October 2023
Acknowledgement : 5th October 2023
Processed printed and received in Toronto : 30th Oct 2023

BLS : Delayed update and no courier or dispatch tracking number on website.
November 1st 2023 Just received text on my phone number from purolator (59874) a link to track package provided (shipment on the way from Brampton)
November 2nd 9:20am received package (no signature asked). OCI received finally !
BLS still shows passport ready for dispatch after OCI Stamping

Thank you everyone and wish you all a very happy Diwali !
Happy Diwali @Nick92
Ab Dilli door nahin ;)

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Reactions: jgrewal2k3

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Finally have OCI booklet in my hand!! :)

Complete timeline as follows:

BLS tracker:
  • Applied (in-person) in Toronto: 23rd September
  • In processing at Consulate General
  • Counter Delivery to BLS after OCI Stamping: 31st October
  • Passport ready for Dispatch after OCI stamping: 01st November
  • Comments updated with "OCI card dispatched via Purolator" and also contains Purolator tracking number: 01st November
OCI tracker:
  • No records found: till receiving acknowledgement
  • Acknowledgement: 06th October
  • Document Printing Processed: 30th October
  • Dispatched from MEA: 31st October
  • Received at Toronto: 31st October
Receipt of OCI booklet:
  • Received OCI booklet via Purolator: 02nd November

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
I cannot believe this but my OCI is also processed -

Date Of Acknowledgment05-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn01-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn01-NOV-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn01-NOV-2023

Oh my gosh.. I am waiting for my PP with Entry visa stamp is in transit from consulate to BLS