+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Hey guys!
I’m new here and have been scrolling for a while looking for approximate oci dates.
I applied at BLS walk-in (Vancouver) on Oct 18
Acknowledged on BLS on Oct 18 and currently says processing at consulate general. The OCI website acknowledgement was on Oct 20 and is currently under-process. Will have my oci end of Nov / beginning of dec?
Woah that’s super fast oci in 4 weeks from date of submission

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi all! My wife's application was on 13th Oct in person at Brampton and we are still waiting for ack. How are some people getting acknowledgment in just few days? I am wondering if I am going to the right place to check - it is the status inquiry page on the OCI services site, right?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all! My wife's application was on 13th Oct in person at Brampton and we are still waiting for ack. How are some people getting acknowledgment in just few days? I am wondering if I am going to the right place to check - it is the status inquiry page on the OCI services site, right?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSw0K_bUGvWjN0uF4Ecqzi8UPVDQwjHCwQHMgkuUpBRcJo-CQa9IUYjY4DGqdQ6zmC3bP0D__lImeKb/pubhtml

As per tracker I don't see anyone of that date getting Acknowledgement. You need to wait a bit more.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hey guys!
I’m new here and have been scrolling for a while looking for approximate oci dates.
I applied at BLS walk-in (Vancouver) on Oct 18
Acknowledged on BLS on Oct 18 and currently says processing at consulate general. The OCI website acknowledgement was on Oct 20 and is currently under-process. Will have my oci end of Nov / beginning of dec?
For Vancouver it is taking more than a month to get processed from the date of Acknowledgement. It may be quite close to your travel date. I would advise to apply for Entry visa immediately. This way if you do not have the OCI, you can still travel.

Woah that’s super fast oci in 4 weeks from date of submission
Please re-read the post. I think you misunderstood that it is processed.

Reactions: eas2lv

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
No one applied at Toronto / Brampton getting acknowledgement in few days. Approx. 21 days is what going these days to get acknowledgement from the date of in person application at BLS.

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
Hello, in oci application for minor, there seems to be a small gap between the photo box and the actual photo in the pdf. No matter how wide the uploaded photo is, the gap cannot be avoided
Has anyone faced this issue?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, in oci application for minor, there seems to be a small gap between the photo box and the actual photo in the pdf. No matter how wide the uploaded photo is, the gap cannot be avoided
Has anyone faced this issue?
Not for minor but for my own application I did face it. I submitted it as it is and my OCI is processed without any issue.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
You should have it in 3 weeks starting from Oct 20

That's misinformation. 3 weeks approx is for Toronto Consulate. May be you incorrectly read Vancouver as Toronto.
With existing timeline for Vancouver it is taking more than a month to get the status processed. Just yesterday few from Sep 28th acknowledgement got processed while some from same date still waiting.

Reactions: eas2lv

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
Not for minor but for my own application I did face it. I submitted it as it is and my OCI is processed without any issue.
Thanks a lot for your confirmation, i was very stressed as I could not help cover that gap. Thank you once again..

Reactions: Nick92

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks a lot for your confirmation, i was very stressed as I could not help cover that gap. Thank you once again..
I might have tried 15-20 times with different combination, but gave up in the end. Looks like the hardcopy pic that you submit is what is used in your OCI booklet.

Reactions: imm01

Nick92

Oct 20, 2023
Hello everyone, here is my final timelines for OCI .
Application submitted : 22nd September 2023
Mission : Toronto (Brampton-walk-in)

Status BLS- 25th September “processing at consulate general”

OCI Tracker :
Under process until 4th October 2023
Acknowledgement : 5th October 2023
Processed printed and received in Toronto : 30th Oct 2023

BLS : Delayed update and no courier or dispatch tracking number on website.
November 1st 2023 Just received text on my phone number from purolator (59874) a link to track package provided (shipment on the way from Brampton)
November 2nd 9:20am received package (no signature asked). OCI received finally !
BLS still shows passport ready for dispatch after OCI Stamping

Thank you everyone and wish you all a very happy Diwali !

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
For Vancouver it is taking more than a month to get processed from the date of Acknowledgement. It may be quite close to your travel date. I would advise to apply for Entry visa immediately. This way if you do not have the OCI, you can still travel.

Please re-read the post. I think you misunderstood that it is processed.
I read it but it says that on Oct 20 OCI website Ack and someone replied that in 3 Weeks he should get the OCI after 20th Oct. Based on that it looks like he will get it in 4 weeks because he submitted the application on 18th Oct