Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Does anyone know if Toronto BLS take walking for entry Visa
Yes they do, but people are reporting very long lineups, very low no- show of applicants with appointments which reduces the number of walk-ins they take.

Reactions: anix86

Kajolparikh

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
@Kajolparikh Wow! our posts crossed... I thought the consulate was holding it for you as per yesterday's post. So you got it from BLS.. good to know.
And, congrats, the wedding can now go ahead!
Finally someone at BLS did something right.
The Consulate was SUPPOSED to hold it and I went there first, but they said they already sent it over to BLS. So went to BLS next door.
It's been a stressful few weeks but all good now and I'm happy BLS didn't mess this up for once!

Thanks for the wishes!

Last edited:

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi all

Application filed:-26 Sep 2023.
Mission post:-BLS Vancouver(walk in).
Ack date:-28 Sep 2023.
Documents printing statusprocessedOn01 Nov 23
Dispatched from MEANew DelhiOn01 Nov 23
Document received atVancouverOn01 Nov 23

my question is when can I expect to pick up and my apologies for a stupid question
Interested to know when you pick up and what's process do you have to call / email BLS , I vaguely remember the BLS person telling me to pick it up you have to call the call centre and ask them to hold at BLS even if u had paid from 3 to 4 pm it's would be available for pick up

Rajatthaks

May 23, 2016
Sent my application via courier on 5th Oct to BLS Brampton. Recieved confirmation on 12th Oct. 18th Oct status changed to processing at Consulate General.
I had sent my originals also along with my postal application as I was not aware that it is no more required and I followed their website.

My question is what is the timeline to receive back the originals and for OCI. Is their a chance that bls will misplace with my originals as it is not required and still I have sent it.
I have my travel planned for end of December so will I be able to receive it by then?

RedWhiteRed

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
Final update!
BLS Brampton - Postal
Application Sent: 18 Sep, 2023
Delivered by Purolator: 19 Sep, 2023
BLS - Confirmed Receipt: 20 Sep, 2023
BLS - Under Process: 22 Sep, 2023
BLS - Processing at Consulate General: 27 Sep, 2023
OCI - Acknowledgement: 06 Oct, 2023
OCI - Processed: 27 Oct, 2023
OCI - Dispatched from MEA: 28 Oct, 2023
OCI - Document Received at Toronto: 28 Oct, 2023
BLS - Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping: 31 Oct, 2023
BLS - Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping (with Purolator tracking number in comments :rolleyes:): 31 Oct, 2023
Delivered by Purolator: 01 Nov, 2023

Fortunately, everything from citizenship to CA passport to SC and OCI went smoothly and in 8 months total (6.5 weeks for OCI).

The postal process for both SC and OCI was hassle-free (unlike my IN passport renewal during COVID where BLS allowed it to expire). I recommend the postal route instead of walk-in if you have ample time before your next travel.

Finally, my immigration journey comes to an end! Thank you all for your help in this thread (especially @forw.jane @abbas.pasha and @eas2lv) and I wish you all a quick turnaround.